We’ve triple checked our planners, set our alarms (#stealthmode) and readied our mugs for Tuesday September 8 (aka #PSL release day!). Though it took forever for the latte to be made with actual pumpkin (cough cough, Mr. Schultz!), we still have a warm place in our hearts for the seasonal latte. It’s essentially the unofficial start of cozier wardrobes, rainbow trees and everything fall. While we wait for this delicious drink to hit the coffeeshops, we’re bringing you the 22 best pumpkin spice latte-inspired recipes from around the Interwebs. So bake ’em or make ’em, then sit back and let the fall vibes surround you.
1. Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes: Possibly one of the only things that can rival our latte addiction is our sweet tooth. Luckily, this insanely decadent cupcake combines the best of both our loves in the prettiest, most bite-sized way. These would make such a sweet surprise to bring to any fall get-together. (via Brown Eyed Baker)
2. Spiced Pumpkin Macaroons: Not sure about you, but we’re still not over this macaron trend that’s been happening the past few years. Though these aren’t considered an entirely simple recipe, once you get the hang of baking this little cookie, they’re great little treats to eat or gift. (via Bakers Royale)
4. Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookie: For anyone who might be a bit overwhelmed (or underwhelmed) by the whole pumpkin spice latte thing, this treat might be the ideal dip into the PSL waters. Striking a perfect balance between sweet and spicy, these cookies could replace your go-to chocolate chip recipe, even if only for this September. (via Cleverly Inspired)
5. Skinny Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino: We prefer to live in denial of how many calories are packed into the average pumpkin spice latte, so that’s why we’re obsessing over this “skinny” version. (via Live Well Bake Often)
7. Pumpkin Spice Latte Jello Shots: Bringing a bit of your morning routine into your evening festivities, these little shots are a great adult way to sample the #PSL. Plus, they’re mini guarantees that you’ll be the hit of any party or tailgate. (via That’s So Michelle)
8. Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows: After sampling this homemade goodness — which is made with pumpkin spice syrup — it will be hard not to barge into any Starbucks and demand they immediately add marshmallows to your drink. However, if they refuse, this marshmallow recipe is accompanied by a DIY PSL recipe too. (via A Simple Pantry)
9. Pumpkin Spiced Apple Pie: So there are apples in this pie, which makes it healthy, right? Either way, this eight-ingredient slice of heaven is a great way to kick off a season of baking. (via Minimalist Baker)
10. Pumpkin Spice Latte Ice Cream: Since it hasn’t gotten too cold out yet, this recipe makes the perfect transitional treat. It’s a taste of pumpkin in an after-dinner dessert that is slightly reminiscent of summer. (via The Simple Sweet Life)
11. Pumpkin Spice Granola Bars: Made with coconut, oats and pumpkin seeds, these little bars are both sweet and satisfying. They’ll make great snacks to pack for an end-of-summer getaway. (via Fork Knife Swoon)
12. Skinny Pumpkin Pie Milkshake: For any little kiddos who might want to try the PSL madness without all that caffeine madness, this sweet treat is a great compromise. Add a few sprinkles on top, and you’re in business. (via Gimme Some Oven)
16. Pumpkin Spice Latte Quinoa: We haven’t given up on this power grain and its benefits yet. If we’re being honest, this recipe (which, beyond quinoa, boasts super good-for-you ingredients like coconut oil and and pumpkin) is a big reason why. (via Healthful Pursuit)
17. Iced Pumpkin Spice Lattes (Vegan & Gluten-Free): Just because you have dietary restrictions doesn’t mean you have to be left out of all the fun. It only requires almond milk, cinnamon, espresso, maple syrup and pumpkin — a drink doesn’t get much cleaner or more simple than that. (via The Pig & Quill)
19. Pumpkin Spice Latte Nutella Muffins (Grain-Free and Dairy-Free): This muffin is essentially our spirit animal. Not only does it hit on our healthy list (grain- and dairy-free!), but it also adds Nutella to an already incredible pumpkin spice latte muffin. SO much fall goodness. (via Texanerin Baking)
20. Banana Pumpkin Spice Milkshakes: With how amazing banana “ice cream” is, we’re not surprised this shake tastes heavenly. Made of a blend of just seven ingredients, including yogurt, pumpkin and banana, this milkshake is more healthy than indulgent. (via Whole & Heavenly Oven)
How are you celebrating #PSL release day? Share in the comments below!