The 14 Most Fashionable People to Follow on Instagram for Colorful Style
As much as we love neutral palettes and all-black-everything, there’s just something about a high-octane #OOTD that makes us swoon — color-phobic though we might be. If giving your closet a bit of color therapy sits high on your list of resolutions for 2017, the roll call of style savvy Instababes below will feel like a godsend. Swapping out some of your black, white and camel-colored threads in favor of bolder, brighter separates and accessories feels a lot less intimidating when you have a wealth of sartorial inspiration at your disposal.
1. Monling Lee: This DC-based architect and urban designer originally started her Instagram account to casually capture colorful urban scenes, but over time it transformed into a visual catalog where style and the built environment intersect. Her specialty? Bold color blocking, sculptural threads, and — of course — intriguing city settings.
2. Miranda Makaroff: Spanish artist and designer Miranda Makaroff’s cool, quirky style and playful personality has us hooked. Each ensemble boasts an artful quality, thanks to details like hand-painted denim and punchy accessories. One word: obsessed.
3. Rosie Clayton: When it comes to color, Rosie Clayton is the queen. The former boutique owner is the force behind @walltraveled — an Insta account dedicated to rad wall art across the globe — and pretty much #slaysallday with her high-octane ensembles that exude It-girl vibes.
4. Alanna Durkovich: Vancouver-based blogger and mom of two Alanna has a keen sense of fashion that we just can’t get enough of. Throwback styling and pro-level layering are what she does best, and while the #OOTDs themselves aren’t exactly rainbow bright, her ever-changing hair color certainly is. Girl’s got the most enviable pink lob around.
5. Leslie Schneider: Who’s afraid of a little color? Not this Instababe. Leslie Schneider describes her feed as “visual optimism,” and we couldn’t agree more. Her vibrant getups and snaps of boldly hued destinations will have no problem convincing you to take a walk on the bright side.
6. Courtney Quinn: Anyone that believes in red lipstick, mixing patterns, and pizza is alright in our book — and girlboss Courtney Quinn of Color Me Courtney is no different. Her cheerful persona and panache-packed getups give us life and are a welcome alternative to the minimalist muses that currently dominate the fashion landscape. Consider her feed a one-stop-shop for all of your colorful off-duty sartorial needs.
7. Kirsten Zellers: Blue hair, don’t care. This Instababe’s colorful tresses are giving us serious hair envy. While her ensembles stray towards pale pastels and neutrals, her mermaid locks are a technicolor delight. Forget balayage — we’re going blue.
8. Carrie Colbert: Houston-based Instababe Carrie Colbert is giving us all the feels with her snazzy rainbow bright separates and vivid accessories. If you like your style served up polished, preppy, and fun, make her feed the first place you look for #OOTD inspiration.
9. Jenn Lake: While your signature move might be to slip into an LBD for your weekly GNO or date night with bae, Jenn Lake will inspire you to give your after-hours a technicolor makeover. Her feed is a one-way ticket to style glory, with its seemingly endless supply of vibrant getups that are equal parts classy and cutting-edge.
10. Just a Uniform: This Instababe’s moto? “More is more, less is bore.” Bold prints, eye-catching color, and rainbow hair are just a few of the things you’ll find on this Brit’s Insta. But our favorite part is the slew of abstract backdrops and OTT architecture that goes hand-in-hand with each pic.
11. Stella of J’adore Fashion: If there’s one blogger babe that has the whole balance thing on lock, it’s J’adore Fashion‘s Stella. The self-proclaimed shoe addict is living proof that you can embrace color without totally venturing outside your comfort zone. One minute you’ll see her stepping out in a badass pink suit a la the stunner above, and the next she’ll be holdin’ it down in distressed boyfriend jeans and a classic button-down blouse.
12. Danié Gómez-Ortigoza: This modern-day Frida Kahlo and Glamour correspondent possesses a closet that could only be described as a work of art. Bright botanical prints, brilliant headpieces and fluid silhouettes are the bread and butter of her wardrobe. We dare you not to run out and scoop up a slew of high-octane threads after scrolling through her feed.
13. Anna of ANNAROSILY: Fiery kicks and pop art trousers — just try and tell us you aren’t intrigued. This is just a mere sampling of this Luxembourger’s signature style. Her penchant for neon, prints, and funky clutches is enough to make even the most discerning minimalist swoon. Don’t say we didn’t warn you. One look and you’ll be hooked.
14. Kate Hannah: Between her rainbow tresses and Lisa Frank-inspired style, this outgoing Aussie isn’t for the faint of heart. That said, when a severe case of the wardrobe blues settles in, her feed is the first place you’ll want to hit up. There’s nothing here but good vibes.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.