9 Beauty Products You Need to Recreate Your Summer Glow
We hate to be the bearers of bad news, but summer is over. Gone are the days of music festivals, bare shoulders and fruity cocktails (well, you can keep the cocktails). In its place, we welcome fall and all of its chic sweaters and pumpkin spice glory. And just because summer is over, it doesn’t mean the end of your trademark, sun-worshiping ways. It is possible to extend the life of your glistening summer glow into the cooler months when you have the right products. Luckily for you, you’ve got a friend in Brit + Co. Here are nine products to help you hold on to that summer glow.
1. St. Tropez Tanning Essentials Self Tan Classic Bronzing Lotion ($42): Apply this bronzing lotion when your natural tan starts to fade. This lightweight lotion gives you a streak-free custom glow, thanks to a formula that tailors the hue to your skin tone.
2. L’Oréal Sublime Glow Daily Moisturizer ($11): With just a smidge of sunless tanner and micro, light-reflecting pearls, this moisturizer will give you a natural glow over time. Plus, it contains mango butter, sweet almond oil and vitamin E to moisturize your skin throughout the cooler, drier months.
3. Bodyography Mineral Body Gloss ($28): In addition to giving you a summery glow, this breathable formula also contains anti-aging properties. It’ll camouflage minor imperfections with light-reflecting ingredients for a flawless, sun-kissed finish.
4. Jergens Natural Glow Firming Daily Moisturizer ($5): Go bronze gradually with this daily moisturizer that darkens your skin for a faux summer shine. This everyday formula also minimizes the appearance of cellulite by firming the skin —minus that horrible self-tanner smell.
5. Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Zero Tanlines Allover Body Bronzer ($30): This body bronzer is a crowd pleaser for a reason. It has a transfer-resistant formula with a matte bronze finish and comes with a sponge applicator, so your hands won’t get messy when you apply it. Winning!
6. Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Face and Body Mist ($64): Spray the pale away with this face and body bronzer. The next-level formula may be a bit pricey, but it gives you the finish of a makeup bronzer with the ease of a gentle spray. The airbrush application ensures a flawless, uniform finish. And did we mention it has SPF 10 protection?
7. Kate Somerville Somerville360° Tan Enhancing Moisturizer ($48): This product enhances and maintains the tan you currently have (faux or real) rather than building an artificial one. It contains black snakeroot and a specialized lipid and peptide complex, which help prevent peeling and drying from the sun (or sun in a bottle) while simultaneously hydrating your skin.
8. Clarins Self Tanning Instant Gel ($38): This product is great for when you want to tan and dash. The gel formula absorbs instantly, so you can bypass the dreaded waiting game as it dries, allowing you to see results in as little as two hours. Not bad for a lightweight, non-oily formula.
9. Vita Liberata pHenomenal 2-3 Week Tinted Tan Mousse ($54): If you’re looking for an enviable faux tan that will last, this is your product. This mousse will give you an even, instant tan that will last 2-3 weeks thanks to its pHenO2 formula that brings results in a flash.
Looking for beauty ideas and hacks? Visit us on Pinterest for lots more!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.