9 Beauty Products You Need to Recreate Your Summer Glow
We hate to be the bearers of bad news, but summer is over. Gone are the days of music festivals, bare shoulders and fruity cocktails (well, you can keep the cocktails). In its place, we welcome fall and all of its chic sweaters and pumpkin spice glory. And just because summer is over, it doesn’t mean the end of your trademark, sun-worshiping ways. It is possible to extend the life of your glistening summer glow into the cooler months when you have the right products. Luckily for you, you’ve got a friend in Brit + Co. Here are nine products to help you hold on to that summer glow.
1. St. Tropez Tanning Essentials Self Tan Classic Bronzing Lotion ($42): Apply this bronzing lotion when your natural tan starts to fade. This lightweight lotion gives you a streak-free custom glow, thanks to a formula that tailors the hue to your skin tone.
2. L’Oréal Sublime Glow Daily Moisturizer ($11): With just a smidge of sunless tanner and micro, light-reflecting pearls, this moisturizer will give you a natural glow over time. Plus, it contains mango butter, sweet almond oil and vitamin E to moisturize your skin throughout the cooler, drier months.
3. Bodyography Mineral Body Gloss ($28): In addition to giving you a summery glow, this breathable formula also contains anti-aging properties. It’ll camouflage minor imperfections with light-reflecting ingredients for a flawless, sun-kissed finish.
4. Jergens Natural Glow Firming Daily Moisturizer ($5): Go bronze gradually with this daily moisturizer that darkens your skin for a faux summer shine. This everyday formula also minimizes the appearance of cellulite by firming the skin —minus that horrible self-tanner smell.
5. Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Zero Tanlines Allover Body Bronzer ($30): This body bronzer is a crowd pleaser for a reason. It has a transfer-resistant formula with a matte bronze finish and comes with a sponge applicator, so your hands won’t get messy when you apply it. Winning!
6. Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Face and Body Mist ($64): Spray the pale away with this face and body bronzer. The next-level formula may be a bit pricey, but it gives you the finish of a makeup bronzer with the ease of a gentle spray. The airbrush application ensures a flawless, uniform finish. And did we mention it has SPF 10 protection?
7. Kate Somerville Somerville360° Tan Enhancing Moisturizer ($48): This product enhances and maintains the tan you currently have (faux or real) rather than building an artificial one. It contains black snakeroot and a specialized lipid and peptide complex, which help prevent peeling and drying from the sun (or sun in a bottle) while simultaneously hydrating your skin.
8. Clarins Self Tanning Instant Gel ($38): This product is great for when you want to tan and dash. The gel formula absorbs instantly, so you can bypass the dreaded waiting game as it dries, allowing you to see results in as little as two hours. Not bad for a lightweight, non-oily formula.
9. Vita Liberata pHenomenal 2-3 Week Tinted Tan Mousse ($54): If you’re looking for an enviable faux tan that will last, this is your product. This mousse will give you an even, instant tan that will last 2-3 weeks thanks to its pHenO2 formula that brings results in a flash.
Looking for beauty ideas and hacks? Visit us on Pinterest for lots more!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.