25 Chic Sweaters to Snuggle Up in All Season Long
ICYMI: Summer is officially over (we know, we know), and that means it’s time to embrace warm and snuggly separates with open arms — and closets. In addition to an arsenal of chic outerwear (and if you haven’t scooped up a stellar fall jacket or coat just yet, best get on it stat), luxe layering pieces and fall outfit formulas up your sleeve, a carefully curated selection of new-season sweaters is essential. Because, let’s be real — can it even be considered fall without a few of these wardrobe workhorses on standby? Between adventures to the orchard and laid-back Netflix marathons, they’re the one cool-weather topper you can always count on. Here, we’ve pulled 25 OMG-worthy options that will get you through the most frigid fall days in style.
1. Mango Zip Cotton Sweater ($80): All zipped up and ready to go. Brighten up everyday duds with this vibrant pullover that strikes the ultimate balance of form and function. Layer it over a swingy maxi dress and lace-up booties or do it up off-duty style with high-waisted jeans and embellished loafers.
2. Zara Zipped High Neck Sweater ($40): Mod meets sports chic in this cool zip-up number that would look just as stunning with a leather midi skirt as it would styled alongside joggers and sneakers. Let’s just say it might give that trusty turtleneck a run for its money.
3. Mara Hoffman Bolnisi Rug Knit Sweater ($498): As much of a splurge as this printed masterpiece is, it has that forever kind of appeal that just might justify dropping the few extra bucks — especially when you see it in action with runway-ready ankle boots, a metallic pleated skirt and a basic band tee.
4. Asilio Material Girl Top ($180): Even if you consider yourself a diehard minimalist, the endless It-girl appeal this tiered pullover brings to the table just might make you consider adopting a more frilly approach to dressing. Give the ruffle-trimmed sweater a touch of tough-girl edge by coupling it with distressed black denim, pointed-toe loafers and spike-studded hoop earrings.
5. H&M Textured-Knit Sweater ($30): A far cry from your tried-and-true Breton stripes, this graphic sweatshirt is the key to endless on and off-duty #OOTDs with serious panache. Mid-week blahs got you down? Add a little extra pep to your step by tucking this bold number into a zip-front midi skirt and styling alongside suede Mary Janes and a statement bib necklace.
6. Pixie Market One-Shoulder Sweater Tunic ($114): Smart and sassy all rolled into one. With its one-shoulder silhouette, this rib knit tunic is one you could totally rock on GNO. Pop it on with suede leggings, sleek stilettos and asymmetric earrings for a look that will elicit a “Dahhlllinng” or two from your crew.
7. The Fifth Abstraction Knit ($110): Giving the cold shoulder never looked so good. Whether you’re sippin’ craft brews at your fave local dive bar or hitting up an indie film fest, this shoulder-baring stunner is it in terms of delivering RN flair to off-duty threads. DO pair with studded ankle boots, slim-fit denim and berry lips for a cozy look that reads don’t mess.
8. Zara Limited Edition Mohair Sweater ($100): Adding this marvelous mohair number to your arsenal is like infusing your wardrobe with good vibes and sunshine. Bust it out to beat the workweek blahs with belted trousers, metallic Oxfords and a playful topknot for the win.
9. Mango Pocket Wool-Blend Sweater ($70): Boxy silhouettes are making the rounds, fast becoming a celeb fave — and we’re totally down with that. While this pocket-trimmed style can certainly hold its own, we’re loving the idea of layering it over a turtleneck tissue tee to add a bit of texture.
10. Mohair-blend Knit Sweater ($70): Achieving a killer cool-weather look doesn’t get any easier than this. Doing all the work for you, this two-in-one style is just the thing on mornings when you have no more than five minutes to pull together a polished look or on days when you just can’t even. Whether teamed with boyfriend denim or tailored ankle-length trousers, it nails it every single time.
11. Reformation Urlina Sweater ($198): A sweater with serious after-hours potential? Pinch us — we must be dreaming. Enter the sheer stunner that does just that, flipping the script on your GNO uniform when paired with metallic trousers and block heels. A savior when the temps take a serious dive, this unexpected style just might become your signature.
12. Scotch & Soda Short Knitted Cardigan ($169): Minimalists, beware. Pared down isn’t in this bold and bright sweater’s sartorial vocabulary. Taking a more-is-more approach to dressing, it’s practically begging to be paired with printed blouses and suede skirts.
13. Pixie Market Navy Pointed Sleeves Sweatshirt ($89): Gear up for weekend shenanigans with a statement sweatshirt that’s just as comfy as it is cutting edge. Let those lazy girl vibes run wild during the work week by popping this pointed-sleeve style on top of jacquard trousers and suede pumps for an unexpected girlboss getup.
14. Moth Bittersweet Bomber Sweater ($118): A sweater with this much ‘tude must be shown off. Between the bold berry hue and biker babe aesthetic, we guarantee you’ll be inspired to bust this beauty out on the regular. Upgrade a basic tee or mock-neck top by wearing it with this elevated zip-up, a cool cat eye and a statement ear cuff.
15. Zara Sweater With Tie Detail on Sleeve ($50): Statement sleeves are sweeping the fashion scene, offering fashionable femmes everywhere a surefire way to take their cold-weather style to the next level this season. Featuring bow-trimmed bell sleeves, this oversized knit reads retro-future meets feminine. Dress it up with a leather pinafore and embellished ankle boots for drinks with the girls, or keep it low-key for an adventure to the pumpkin patch with distressed denim and a plaid blanket scarf.
16. Free People A Thousand Ways Dolman ($128): If ever there was a sweater that perfectly fused form and function, it would be this. Boasting an effortless and easy shape, this slouchy sweater is straight-up goals when it comes to keepin’ it real and looking fly. Team with joggers and bow-embellished slides for a hint of athleisure elegance.
17. Oneon Hand Knitted Cardigan With Fringe Sleeve ($194): Who needs a snoozy black pullover when you can rock an open cardigan with this much RN appeal? Between the color-block panels and fringe trim, this stunner will do right by your style on the regular. Buckle ankle boots and grommet-studded sac not required but definitely recommended.
18. Mango Knitted Braided Sweater ($80): Channel your inner cozy girl with this chunky knit sweater that’s equal parts classic and edgy. The braided detailing and tassel trim will straight-up stun at the office, or even while just catching up with your crew over brunch. Chandelier earrings and wide-leg pants are non-negotiable for an Instababe-approved #OOTD.
19. H&M Knit Mock Turtleneck Sweater ($70): Not having at least one high-octane option in your closet should be considered a fashion crime. When your off-the-clock ensemble needs a little bit of extra oomph, call upon this pretty-in-pink pullover to put you on the path to style glory. Proceed to embrace the It-girl-inspired look by tossing it on alongside cropped flare denim, mismatched earrings and a sleek saddleback. Glove shoes and don’t-care hair are obligatory.
20. ottod’Ame Budding Jacquard Cardigan ($308): Throw-on-and-go finds its stride in this floral-flecked cardigan that can easily be tossed over a t-shirt and jeans or belted over a flirty floral maxi. Wear it for long days at the office, laid-back harvest parties or lazy afternoons snuggled up with a can’t-put-it-down read.
21. Forever 21 Lace-Up Ribbed Knit Sweater Top ($20): Throwback enthusiasts, listen up! This lace-up sweater with ‘70s-inspired appeal is all you need to achieve a runway-ready look this season. When teamed with high-waisted denim, a sleek tote and a sleek swoop of eyeliner, it takes on a Jane Birkin-approved edge that you’ll come back to again and again.
22. Mango Belt Cardigan ($60): This just in: Tailored blazers aren’t the only route to on-duty polish. With its asymmetric silo, fashion-forward lapels and belt, this next-level cardigan is a workweek godsend. Consider it the next best thing to rockin’ pjs at the office — without risking the wrath of HR, that is.
23. Zara V-Neck Sweater ($40): Girl, if flying under the radar isn’t your thing, go ahead and embrace your inner glamazon with this shimmery silver sweater. The quicksilver stunner is worthy of an autumnal soiree involving velvet slip dresses and glitzy box clutches. The only thing missing? A sophisticated skinny scarf and a bit of classic rouge.
24. Asilio Killer Within Knit Sweater With Panels ($210): Now here’s a classic black sweater that’s worth swooning over. Sheer panels lend this everyday style a subtle sultry note that will elevate skinny jeans and twirl-worthy skirts the second you slip it on. Team it with patent sock boots and a sleek ‘do for a look that toes the line between modern and mid-century chic.
25. H&M Cashmere Sweater ($99): Say sayonara to closet conundrums — this blush cashmere sweater has a way of making even the most blasé of basics look like a million bucks. Usher your signature after-hours ensemble into the new season by slipping this super soft number under a satin slip dress and styling alongside velvet Mary Janes and glitzy gold drops.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)