15 Perfect Presents for the New Parents
Oh the joys of parenthood! You wait nine months, plan out the details and boom! baby arrives and that’s when the real fun begins. Below are an array of cute, helpful and oh-so-necessary gifts that will make all new parents (and newborns) smile.
1. Cusinart Baby Bottle Warmer Nite Light ($50): Parents will be pros at prepping baby’s drink with this handy gizmo. It quickly heats and steams plastic bottles to the perfect temperature, has a compartment to heat up baby food and a night light to make those midnight feedings a bit smoother.
2. Bright Baby Touch and Feel Winter Board Book ($3): Baby it’s cold outside, and this interactive book will help introduce the little one to the winter months. It’s filled with beautiful pictures and touch and feel textures that babies will love to play with. Want to start baby’s library? Turn the tot to a bonafide geek with this coding for babies book.
3. Philosophy To Mommy With Love Set ($32): With all the feedings, lack of sleep and diaper duty, momma will sure need R&R. This set features some of Philosophy’s most popular products, including their ‘Hope in a Jar’ moisturizer and ‘Pure Grace’ body lotion. Oh yeah, and it comes in an adorable box that can be reused for baby or mom products.
4. Comotomo Baby Bottles ($24): This bottle perfectly mimics breastfeeding as its vacuum-free feeding reduces colics and fussiness. It also comes in a variety of colors and it’s microwave safe.
5. Lesportsac Ryan Baby Bag ($158): A slick bag that mom and dad can sport. It comes in a variety of prints and has especial compartments for bottles, diapers, toys and baby’s favorite outfits. The best part? It’s super easy to clean and can also be worn as a cross-body.
6. Pink Mustache Shoes ($23): It’s never too early to turn baby into a fashionista. These little booties will keep her tootsies warm and guaranteed to be show-stoppers. Plus, mustaches are always in style, as featured on our previous guide.
7. Tucker + Tate Striped Cotton and Cashmere Blanket ($34): Speaking of warmth, keep baby soft and bundled with this fantastic blanket. It comes in other colors too and it’s great for strolling around the park or a visit to the grandparental units.
8. Send a Meal New Baby Dinner Gift ($70 and up): Does baby leave little time to eat? You betcha. With this handy service, new parents can pick from a variety of dishes and as a perk, they’ll include dessert. This is one gift parents will sure be very thankful for this holiday season (or any time of the year, for that matter).
9. ERGObaby Original Baby Carrier ($115): The perfect gift for the urban parents on-the-go. This carrier allows mom or dad to have baby close to them without harming their little legs or spine. The padding ensures the weight is evenly distributed and its straps are easy to adjust.
10. C. Wonder Initial Necklace ($38): Show off baby’s name with a fun initial necklace as this is a classic piece essential for every new mom. Can be worn solo or with other necklaces as a special layering piece. Take your pick from gold or silver.
11. Nespresso CitiZ Espresso Machine ($187): One thing we know is that babies don’t come with sleep included, therefore a good coffee machine is a must for survival. Nespresso’s super easy to use machine is perfect for any space, big or small and in seconds it will provide a delicious (and much necessary) cup of Joe.
12. Wood Teether Guitar ($12): Musically gifted parents will love these personalized wooden teethers. They are hand-crafted and a fantastic way to introduce the little one to grasp and chew. What’s even better? They are naturally non-allergenic, anti-bacterial and non-toxic and now that’s music to every parent’s ear.
13. The Wireless iPhone Photo Printer ($220): Tis the season to take photos and now that pretty much tablets and smart phones have replaced cameras, it a must to have a wireless printer at home.
14. Uptown Artworks Birth Announcement Pillows ($215): The cutest way to announce a baby’s arrival — complete with full-on deets that can be forever cherished. And they are eco-friendly and easy to clean too.
15. Plush Yellow Duck Baby Blanket ($14): The perfect blankie for baby to snuggle with. It’s soft, can double as a plush stuffed animal and even better, it’s machine washable.
Have any gift ideas of your own? Do share with us a few of your favorite things perfect for new mommas and poppas.