Love everything about Fashion Week? So do we, and we want to give a behind-the-scenes recap of some of the hair geniuses who made art happen on the Spring/Summer 2015 runways this year. These feeds put you in the middle of all the backstage action, from sneak peeks of the models and stylists to seeing which ‘dos can inspire your next salon trip. This is kinda the next best thing to having been there, plus it lasts way beyond the week and you didn’t have to battle clouds of hairspray.
1. @tresemme: Tresemmé stylist Jeanie Syfu whipped up a collection of braids that can only be called masterpieces. We’re talking pompadours and five-strand braids for the Marrissa Web show. It all adds up to snaps that are bound to give any long-haired maven major hair envy.
2. @tedgibsonbeauty: A haircut from this man will set your back a whopping $1,200. Luckily, looking at his Instagram feed is completely free. Ted Gibson is a go-to for all the latest hairstyles. Keep following him for all the hottest looks year round.
3. @redken5thave: If anyone out there is freaking out that braids might go out of fashion for spring 2015, stop freaking out. Redken is taking their Instagram followers to all the backstage treat tables, product arsenals and styling stations. And we’re seeing lots of braids… lots and lots of braids.
4. @CatwalkbyTigi: Get this nature-inspired wet look and tons of other cool runway styles on Catwalk by Tigi’s Instagram feed. These stylists sport some serious versatility. Whether lead Nick Irwin is creating this dual texture wet-head look for Vivienne Tam or giving us the gift of making morning-after manes things that are actually fashion forward, our morning beauty routine has a lot to thank the man for.
5. @bumbleandbumble: If you forced us to pick one hairstagram account that is the most beautiful in all the land, it would hands down be Bumble and Bumble’s. They did tons of experimental and inspirational ‘dos for NYFW, like this barely-there knot, surreal braided crowns and lowknots incorporating woven fabrics. This is an account that will keep you double tapping for days.
6. @jamespecis: Seriously — braids, wet hair and bed head — S/S 2015 is going to be glorious. Follow along with hairstylist James Pecis on all of his hair adventures, like turning this slicked bob into a full weave in 10 minutes. Magic.
7. @cutlersalon: Rodney Cutler matched the models’ hair to the Badgley Mischka color swatches! Follow his feed for awesome hair footage and tons of volume.
8. @orlandopita: Orlando Pita posts brilliant last-minute shots before models hit the catwalk. For DVF, he created lots of Bridget Bardot-esque bombshell looks. For Carolina Herrera, he has everyone abuzz over his Japanese-inspired sumo knots.
9. @matthewcurtishair: Matthew Curtis lead Misha Nonoo’s show with tons of color, cool ‘dos and no shortage of wow-factor, which you can get from this feed 24/7.
10. @jeaniesyfu: Yes, it’s Tresemmé’s own Jeanie Syfu, again! If there is such thing as a braid innovator, Syfu is it. These lovely ladies strutted their stuff with mile-high braided faux hawks that have us envisioning a Brit + Co hair tutorial.
Love these runway looks? Which will you add to your Insta feed? Tell us in the comments below!