12 Haute Hostess Gift Ideas (+ $120 Domino Giveaway!)
First off, the scoop on today’s giveaway. We’ve teamed up with Domino to not only drum up a gift guide of 12 unusual gifts for holiday hosts, but we also happen to be giving away a set of 6 gorgeous handmade Portuguese dinner plates (a $120 value)! You never know when your next dinner party might be BYOP ;)
To enter this giveaway, simply enter your email address in the form at the bottom of this post, and you’ll be in the running! More on that after we tell you about this collection of unusual gifts we found while treasure hunting on Domino.
1. Gnome Bottle Opener ($25): First up, how awesome is this gilded gnome? And it opens bottles! What. If you’re attending a holiday event at my place anytime soon, feel free to bring this as a gift ;)
2. Celadon Origami Placemat ($24): Placemats might not be the most traditional of hostess gifts, but we love the geometric pattern on this one.
3. Octagonal Plates ($92): For the hostess with the mostest, go for a set of these unconventional octagonal plates. They nest beautifully and add a touch of modern flair to any table.
4. Carat Wine Stopper ($50): Feel free to cue up any Rihanna song involved diamonds when you gift this to your host.
5. Wood Classics Jannik Salt & Pepper Shakers ($23): Don’t these look sort of mid century modern? We love the combo of woodgrain and beautifully smooth silver.
6. Wonderland Rabbit Candleholder ($100): All those holiday parties starting to feel like a confetti-filled rabbit hole? ;)
7. Gilded Weave Vera Wang Teapot ($270): Definitely a splurge gift, the combination of gilded style and intricate pattern is an instant win in our books.
8. Persimmon Cross Dots Napkin ($12): Never underestimate the power of cloth napkins — they’re a surefire way to elevate any dinner party or get-together to 11.
9. Birdie Brand Matches ($5): While we love the look of candles on a table, matches tend to look random and lighters are even worse. Get your hostess a cute box of matches she can incorporate into her tablescape.
10. 1815 Casual Pitcher ($40): Love the subtle blue-dipped corner of this beautifully crafted pitcher.
11. Totem Cups ($72): This fun display of cups is perfect for after dinner tea, coffee, or mulled apple cider ;)
12. Grey Origami Tea Towel ($15): You can never have too many tea towels! This geometric pattern would go swimmingly with the origami placemat earlier in this roundup
Now, back to those handmade Portuguese dinner plates! We’re giving away a set of 6 handmade dinner plates to one very lucky reader. All you have to do to enter the giveaway is enter your email address in the form below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)