The Stars of the Hills Get Their DIY on + 3 More Celeb Skillz of the Week
The stars of MTV’s hit show The Hills have always been great at the DIY game (Lauren Conrad’s Christmas cards were seriously the cutest), but the ladies took it up a notch this week, with not one, not two, but three of the channel’s former stars proving to the world that they put the know-how in how-to. Other celebrities jumping aboard the creativity train? In addition to LC herself and fellow castmate Whitney Port, Rachel Bilson came up with a cooking concoction of her own, while Kourtney Kardashian made art fun for her kids. Read on to see who else made the DIY cut!
1. Lo Bosworth: First up? Miss Lo Bosworth, who shared this yummy-looking spring vegetable quiche. Get the recipe on her website, TheLoDown, or, better yet, head on over to her YouTube channel to watch her make it live! (via @losbosworth)
2. Lauren Conrad: Lauren posted this mysterious photo of feathers and ribbon last week with the cryptic note reading “Spent my Sunday working on a fun DIY project next week. Feathers, fringe and jewels… oh my!” Whatever this turns out to be, we’ve got a sneaking suspicion this Gatsby-esque item will not disappoint. (via @laurenconrad)
3. Whitney Port: While Lo has us covered when it comes to what to put on the table, Whitney shows us how to prep for your meal with a proper table setting — she leaves the heavy cooking to husband and former The City producer Tim Rosenman. (via @whitneyeveport)
4. Blake Lively: Dayum, Blake has some serious braiding (not to mention auntie!) skills! Check out this snap of her niece, labeled “I’m my niece’s personal hairdresser. (…Don’t bother. You can’t afford me.)” (via @blakelively)
7. Rachel Bilson: Even stars have their DIY mishaps: Rachel shares in this snap that butter might have been a wiser choice for her heart-shaped cornbread creation. “Note to self:” she writes, “Use butter not cooking spray to avoid the edge of darkness *gritting teeth emoji* correction: shortening.” We’ll definitely keep that in mind! (via @rachelbilson)
What project are you most inspired by? Let us know at @BritandCo!