The stars of MTV’s hit show The Hills have always been great at the DIY game (Lauren Conrad’s Christmas cards were seriously the cutest), but the ladies took it up a notch this week, with not one, not two, but three of the channel’s former stars proving to the world that they put the know-how in how-to. Other celebrities jumping aboard the creativity train? In addition to LC herself and fellow castmate Whitney Port, Rachel Bilson came up with a cooking concoction of her own, while Kourtney Kardashian made art fun for her kids. Read on to see who else made the DIY cut!
1. Lo Bosworth: First up? Miss Lo Bosworth, who shared this yummy-looking spring vegetable quiche. Get the recipe on her website, TheLoDown, or, better yet, head on over to her YouTube channel to watch her make it live! (via @losbosworth)
2. Lauren Conrad: Lauren posted this mysterious photo of feathers and ribbon last week with the cryptic note reading “Spent my Sunday working on a fun DIY project next week. Feathers, fringe and jewels… oh my!” Whatever this turns out to be, we’ve got a sneaking suspicion this Gatsby-esque item will not disappoint. (via @laurenconrad)
3. Whitney Port: While Lo has us covered when it comes to what to put on the table, Whitney shows us how to prep for your meal with a proper table setting — she leaves the heavy cooking to husband and former The City producer Tim Rosenman. (via @whitneyeveport)
4. Blake Lively: Dayum, Blake has some serious braiding (not to mention auntie!) skills! Check out this snap of her niece, labeled “I’m my niece’s personal hairdresser. (…Don’t bother. You can’t afford me.)” (via @blakelively)
7. Rachel Bilson: Even stars have their DIY mishaps: Rachel shares in this snap that butter might have been a wiser choice for her heart-shaped cornbread creation. “Note to self:” she writes, “Use butter not cooking spray to avoid the edge of darkness *gritting teeth emoji* correction: shortening.” We’ll definitely keep that in mind! (via @rachelbilson)
What project are you most inspired by? Let us know at @BritandCo!