8 Entertaining Essentials You NEED This Holiday Season
‘Tis the season to entertain, cook, and wow *all* your guests. Follow our RSVP series through November and December for tips, tricks, and inspiration. Happy holiday party season, all!
The holidays are officially here, so bring on the hot cocoa and winter festivities! After years of hosting a variety of dinner parties and family gatherings, I’ve found there are a few key elements that will elevate not only your decor but your get-together overall. Scroll on for the must-have items you need this holiday entertaining season (along with a recommendation for each), and get ready to start planning the perfect tablescape.
1. Stylish Serving Tray: Whether you’re using it to serve up hot appetizers or holiday cookies, or simply to add a little extra style to your ottoman along with a vase and flowers, a pretty serving tray will bring a festive flair to your decor. My Pick: Anthropologie Mimira Serving Platter in Pink ($24)
2. Cake Stand: A cake stand is a must-have for any holiday host. It’ll come in handy for all those sweets this time of year while completing your home’s holiday aesthetic. I like to stack mine so they’re tiered. My Pick: McGee & Co. Tall White Cake Stand ($100)
3.Drink Dispenser: Display your signature holiday beverage in a timeless dispenser for a pop of color this season. You can also serve up infused water if you’re looking for something a little less boozy. My Pick: Fitz and Floyd Luster Beverage Storage In Gold ($40)
4. Chargers: Chargers under white plates make a chic and clean statement. Plus, they can be found almost anywhere at a variety of price points. My Pick: Williams-Sonoma Hammered Gold Charger ($30)
5. Fancy Placemats: This is the easiest way to dress up a table and give it a charming feel for your guests. Go for linen or a more modern marble look. Either way, your tablescape will be totally Insta-worthy. My Pick: Birch Lane Marcy Linen Placemats ($42 for six)
6. Next-Level Glassware: Gilded glassware will add the perfect finishing touch. And the glasses don’t necessarily all have to match either — trying mixing a few different styles for an eclectic look. My Pick: Anthropologie Gilded Rim Red Wine Glass ($22)
7. Cheeseboard: Whether you’re using it to serve your appetizers or just for decor, cheeseboards add a pretty surface to any table or appetizer spread. My Pick: Alice Lane Addy Cheese Board ($79)
8. Sleek, Small Plates: Stylish small plates can be utilized in several ways — to serve appetizers, side dishes, or dessert. They’re pretty much the jack-of-all-trades when it comes to entertaining. My Pick: Anthropologie Perasima Dessert Plate $18
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Images via Rachel Parcell)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)