17 Party-Ready Accessories for Every Festive Holiday Fête
For months you’ve been working on curating the ultimate holiday wardrobe to take the party circuit by storm, and, girl, with everything from velvet bodysuits to festive holiday dresses (best believe there are some sequins mixed in there) and #TuesdayShoesday-approved steppers in your arsenal, you’re more than set. Well — almost. Every street style star in training knows that no ensemble is complete without a few wow-worthy accessories. Be it a buzzy It bag or a pair of swingy chandelier earrings, it’s the extras that truly make an outfit. Consider us your sartorial fairy godmother, because we’ve curated a list of 17 stunning earrings, shoes and bags to take your festive #OOTDs to the next level.
1. Nasty Gal Highest Honor Rhinestone Sash ($35): Bow down. Assert yourself as queen of the night, whether you’re toasting to the New Year or decking the halls. An effortless way to step up a classic little black dress, this rhinestone sparkler is guaranteed to make a few appearances (and bring in the double taps) in your party lineup this season.
2. Cheap Monday Star Hair Clip ($10): Achieving belle-of-the-ball status is easy with scene-stealing accessories like this celestial stunner in tow. Embellish a romantic updo or let your locks hang loose — whatever ‘do you opt for, there’s no question that you’ll be shining bright all night long.
3. Zara Leather Heeled Ankle Boots With Bow ($139): Fact: No It-girl-approved ensemble is complete without a pair of OMG-worthy shoes. And we’ve found the perfect pair for all of your holiday soirées. The rich brick-colored leather feels undeniably festive, while a bow-embellished toe is icing on the sartorial cake. Pop ’em on with a pair of patent trousers, an oversized sweater and earcuff for a laid-back bash, or go all out and rock ’em with a rose gold sequin slip and swingy chandelier earrings.
4. Mango Chain Bag ($40): Puttin’ on the glitz calls for a snappy crossbody bag that keeps all of your bag swag in check while racking up the style cred left and right. Decked out in multicolor glitter, this structured option checks all the boxes. The only thing missing? A menswear-inspired longline coat, metallic ankle boots and a perfectly painted pout to take on Sunday morning brunch or a night out on the town in style.
5. Zara Faux Fur Stole ($50): Girl gone glam. Your signature style move involves popping a Le Smoking-style blazer on top of a glitzy frock for your weekly date with the dance floor, but, girl, sometimes you just have to step outside your comfort zone. Swap out your go-to topper in favor of a faux fur stole that packs a punch — and some gemstone-studded drops while you’re at it for added oomph.
6. Nasty Gal Break the Ice Earcuff ($20): Bae’s office holiday party is uncharted territory, so best bring along a few conversation-starting pieces to break the ice. This sparkler ought to do it. Expect the ooh’s and aah’s to start to roll in when you step into the room rockin’ this bedazzled ear cuff and a sophisticated midi dress. Slay all the way.
7. Valery Exclusive Holidays Elfie Glitter Clutch Bag ($22): Upcoming ugly sweater party? This is the sparkly sac you need to take along for the ride. Beyond being festive AF, its punny hashtag will win all the style points when worn alongside a seriously tacky sweater. Bonus points for OTT headpieces and tinsel-trimmed kicks.
8. Mango Skinny Belt ($26): When in doubt, put a belt on it. Seriously. The transformative powers of a simple cincher can’t be denied, especially one with this much panache. Bring the wow factor to a tired LBD or an ethereal boho midi by throwing this starry-eyed number on along with a faux fur coat and choker necklace.
9. Tintoretta Sparkle Tights ($28): Just because temps are dippin’ low doesn’t mean you have to part ways with your leggiest wardrobe essentials. Usher embellished mini dresses and flirty skater skirts into cold-weather territory with the addition of a pair of shimmery tights that strike the ultimate balance of cozy and cool.
10. Old Navy Pointy-Toe Lace-Up Flats ($27): Party season can do a number on your feet — stilettos look killer with a holiday dress, sure, but don’t exactly qualify as comfortable (unless you know something we don’t). There’s no rule that says you have to rock sky-high heels to stand out this season, and these gilded flats are just as fabulous as any old pair of standard pumps. Channel your inner street style star for an upcoming office party or charity gala by teaming these beauties with a streamlined jumpsuit and a lariat necklace FTW.
11. Mango Tassel Velvet Clutch ($50): You can’t go wrong with a structured black clutch — period. This circular style is no exception, with its retro-chic design and swingy tassel that’ll look rad out on the dance floor or sippin’ Champagne under the stars. For max perfection, team it with a metallic pleated blouse, asymmetric skirt and classy lady ankle-strap heels.
12. Ok Originals Bright Long Faux Fur Pom Keychain And Bag Charm ($13): The only kind of fluff you like is a brightly colored pom-pom that can take a standard sac from 0 to 60 in two seconds flat. Switch up your look for each event on the party circuit by hooking it onto any clutch or crossbody bag.
13. Nasty Gal Hang Around Waist Chain ($58): Introducing the one partay-season accessory you’ll definitely want to have hanging around. Cascading gold fringe transform everything from high-waisted skinny jeans to printed A-line dresses and leather-look skirts into a bona fide statement piece. Toss it into your workweek tote for flawless desk-to-dinner dressing on the fly.
14. Zara Shiny Gem Choker ($26): Enter the rhinestone-studded choker that will put your basic accoutrements to shame. When GNO rolls around, strap it on with a velvet top and embellished box clutch, then proceed to paint the town red.
15. Mango Brooch Clasp Set ($16): Traditional holiday bling isn’t your thing — no tinsel or ugly sweaters for you — but you’re not about to pass up the opportunity to put on a little flair. These quirky pins are just as eye-catching as any pair of chandelier earrings, plus they’re easy to pull off for any occasion.
16. Shellys London Women’s Chester d’Orsay Pump ($159): A snoozy pair of pumps just isn’t going to cut it this year, at least not with embroidered slingbacks like these on standby. Hit the party circuit hard by slipping these puppies on with a pleated gold A-line dress and a festive headpiece that twinkles in the light.
17. Zara Longstar Earrings ($20): Al fresco fêtes under starlit skies might be on hold until warmer weather emerges, but in the meantime, you can live out your mid-summer dreams with these twinkling chandelier earrings. Go all out for a big time NYE bash with a wine-colored satin slip, shimmery heels and a statement cuff, or keep things low-key for an intimate house party with a snuggly sweater dress and ankle boots.