14 Reese Witherspoon-Inspired Gingham Pieces Y’all Need for Summer
In addition to a splash-worthy crochet swimsuit and a slew of colorful beach bags, there’s a certain summery print that deserves to be front and center this season. If y’all guessed gingham, then you’re right on the money. And who better to glean style inspo from than America’s sweetheart, Reese Witherspoon? Not only is she our go-to gal for perfectly coordinated #OOTDs and girl-next-door style, but hello, she exudes Southern charm and sophistication at every turn. In the spirit of Reese’s preppy appeal, we’ve got you covered with 14 checked statement pieces.
1. Cult Gaia Dorothy Bow Back Top in Gingham ($118) + Dorothy Capri Pant in Gingham ($128): Betcha didn’t know Cult Gaia (maker of a certain notorious bamboo ark basket bag, natch) is also a one-stop shop for resort wear. Exhibit A: This baby blue gingham co-ord featuring a frilly bow-back top and matching capris will have you twinning with Witherspoon in no time.
2. Draper James X Net-a-Porter Parton Check Sweetheart Dress ($375): From the sweet watermelon hue to the flirty open back, we’re downright smitten with this gingham frock. All that’s missing is a straw satchel and some dangling chandelier earrings for a summer of F-U-N.
3. Whit Ruffled Gingham Open-Shoulder Top ($298): Radiate positive vibes (on the inside and out) with this sunshine yellow gingham cold-shoulder top that’s more than game for an afternoon at the races.
4. SeaVees for J.Crew Legend Sneakers in Gingham ($88): Best believe you’ll be getting around in style this summer — whether by foot, bike, or trolley. These blue gingham tennies from SeaVees strike the perfect balance between New England prepster and city girl with Southern roots.
5. Kate Spade New York Gingham Dress ($298): Sunday brunch? Hostess with the mostest duties? Both. Try and find a picnic-friendly gingham dress half as cute as this one — we triple-dog dare you.
6. Topshop Madrid Gingham Cross Strap Platform Heels ($52): Hey, girl, HEY. You need these gingham platform heels for a stint in Italy or a nautical-themed summer wedding.
7. Zara Gingham Embroidered Skirt ($70): Give new meaning to the phrase “desk-to-beach” with this embroidered gingham wrap skirt that can double for work and play. Try a crisp button-down for your nine-to-five before hitting the boardwalk uniformed in a string bikini and off-duty huaraches.
8. The Lady & the Sailor Tie Pant in Gingham ($230): Do less. Early-morning strolls along the beach aren’t up for debate when you’ve got a pair of throw-on-and-go gingham pants this easy-breezy on standby.
9. Namrata Joshipura Gingham Hair Tie Bow ($20): Fasten this gingham hair tie over a high ponytail (or wear it as a bracelet!) for some extra pep in your step.
10. Do+Be Logan Gingham Off the Shoulder Top ($88): Channel a Southern state of mind with this off-the-shoulder blouse that always looks yachting-party-ready. Add crisp white jeans and a floppy embroidered straw hat to the mix to complete the look.
11. Madewell Pull-on Shorts in Gingham Check ($50): Just as the name suggests, these checked shorts can be pulled on at a moment’s notice alongside a chambray popover shirt.
12. Glamorous Gingham Dress ($78): Make way for the ceaselessly chic mauve gingham print day dress you’ll reach for on the reg. The flouncy shoulder ties just may be our fave part.
13. Monki Gingham Bow Front Swimsuit ($40): File this cutie under “what to wear for an upcoming staycation in the Hamptons.” Go ahead and admit it: It’s totally the one-piece of your dreams.
14. AEO Knot Keyhole Romper ($45): T-minus how many days ‘til you’re rompin’ around Charleston in this navy gingham romper featuring a tasteful keyhole detail? Sun-kissed skin and loose beach waves will be your best accessories when you’re rocking this number.
What’s your favorite way to wear gingham in the summer months? Follow us on Pinterest for more celebrity style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.