International Bachelorette Destinations You Can Do in a Long Weekend
So, you’ve been tasked with planning a killer bachelorette party. (After all, you’re the fun one!) And while there are a ton of great bachelorette weekend destinations in the US, you’re looking for something fresh, right? So why not give your passports a workout and choose a not-too-far destination (with direct flights, if poss). Whether you’re planning a 24/7 party vibe or you’re envisioning more of a laid-back beach hang, grab a slew of punny bachelorette attire, look up your miles balance and book it, girl. This bachelorette is going to be turned up.
1. San Jose, Costa Rica: This Central American hot spot really has it all. If your squad loves a good adventure, then plan on surfing lessons and zip lining through the rainforest. In a more mellow frame of mind? Try shopping the local markets or exploring a coffee plantation. (via Visit Costa Rica)
2. Whistler, Canada: Maybe a beach getaway isn’t for your crew? No worries. Check out Whistler in Canada’s British Columbia. Enjoy some of the beach skiing and snowboarding in the world and, of course, après-ski. This town is a wild time. (via Whistler Tourism Board)
3. Tulum, Mexico: If recharging is more your speed, then a weekend of wild parties on the beach, head to Tulum on the Caribbean coast of Mexico. A popular wellness locale, the city is full of yoga retreats and wellness hot spots. Treat your girls to a completely centering getaway that feels miles from normal life.
4. Montreal, Canada: They call Montreal the Paris of the North, and for good reason. Amazing food? Check. Nightlife hotspots? Definitely. French joie de vivre? In spades. Explore Old Montreal, climb Mount Royal, then dance all night. (via Montreal Tourism Board)
5. Dublin, Ireland: Pack your eye mask and sleep on the plane: You’ll wake up to the lush green fields, rocky cliffs, old-world charm, and general good vibes make Ireland a magical option. Take your crew to Dublin and go pub-crawling and live music-hopping to your heart’s content. Sláinte! (via Ireland Tourism)
6. Amsterdam, Netherlands: Put a European spin on your wild weekend and bike tour and canal hop by day, then hit up an array of bars, discos, coffee shops, and private clubs by night. Things could get a little cray, so remember to work the buddy system: No woman is left behind. (via I Am Amsterdam)
7. Los Cabos, Mexico: Are luxe resorts, beachy fun, wild parties and stunning views your speed? Then Los Cabos is a no-brainer. Grab a lounge chair and settle in with a few mojitos before your massage. Gotta rest up before the nightlife gets wild. (via Los Cabos Tourism Board)
8. Reykjavik, Iceland: Want something truly different? Iceland is worlds apart from your everyday — and it’s closer than you think. (Just six hours from NYC!) Soak in the Blue Lagoon, explore jaw-dropping waterfalls, glaciers, and geysers, and shop in the picturesque streets of capital city. (via Inspired by Iceland)
What’s your favorite long-weekend getaway spot? Tweet us @BritandCo!