6 of the Best Pieces from J. Crew’s 3 (!!) New Collaborations
The J.Crew collaboration that’s been getting the most buzz as of late was designed by 4-year-old Instagram star Mayhem. And while we’d totally sport the tasseled t-shirt and bejeweled headband featured in the line, unfortunately, they only come in kids’ sizes. But J.Crew didn’t let us sulk in our boring grown-up clothes for long. The brand recently announced they’re releasing not one, not two but three new collaborations with the top designers from this year’s CDFA/Vogue Fashion Fund, a competition that awards three up-and-coming designers a monetary prize to help get their business off the ground. All the looks will go on sale June 3rd. If there’s an item you’re fully obsessed with, get in touch with a personal stylist through J.Crew’s site to pre-order your favorite piece. Scroll on down to check out our 6 favorite looks from the three collections.
J.Crew + Paul Andrew
Paul Andrew is the winner of the 2014 CDFA/Vogue Fashion Fund, and it’s easy to see why. The British-born, NYC-based shoe designer magically creates ultra-stylish heels that actually don’t feel like you’re walking on a bed of nails.
1. Fringe High Heeled Sandals ($450): Because sometimes, a basic black heel just won’t cut it.
2. Suede Pumps ($398): It’s funny how a tiny change can make such a big difference. Ditch those basic black pumps for this bright pair complete with a subtle wing detail.
J.Crew + Ryan Roche
Ryan Roche, a designer who works out of converted barn 90 miles outside the city, was the 2014 runner-up. Her rustic, countryside state of mind is obvious in her designs. Roche’s pieces are the kind of clothing you want to wear every day. If you’re looking for a splurge you’ll live in, this collaboration is exactly what you need.
3. Fringe Sweater Vest ($178): Fringe forever. Wear this to the office or on a girls’ night out, or pretty much anywhere clothing is meant to be worn.
4. Handknit Cashmere Sweater ($298): Hello perfect sweater, we’d like to wear you every single day this fall and winter.
J.Crew + Eva Fehren
Jewelry designer Eva Fehren was also a runner-up in the competition. The NYC native created pieces inspired by the city. They’re minimal and colorful and beg to be stacked.
5. Triple Dagger Earrings ($68): These dangly earrings are simple, but still manage to pack a big punch. Pull that hair up into a messy top knot to keep these on full display.
6. Shorty Bracelet ($88): This design is Eva’s signature piece. The styles designed for J.Crew offer up bright pops of color that can easily upgrade a simple white tee + blue jean combo.
What item are you drooling over? Share with us in the comments below.