6 Long-Lasting Makeup Products Recommended by the Pros
No one wants to put on makeup in the morning, only to find yourself at the mirror midday doing it all over again. It’s a daily battle to discover beauty products that can stand the test of time — and who has time to test every single makeup product out there? Professional makeup artists, that’s who. These pros know what solutions look, feel, and stay budge-free for long days on the go. Here’s what they recommend.
1. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour ($29): For versatile eye color that boasts 12-hour wear, Aussie makeup artist Penny Antuar has nothing but praise for these Laura Mercier shadow sticks. The incredibly creamy formula lets you smudge, blend, and define when applying — but once it’s dry, this lid color isn’t going anywhere.
2. BECCA Evermatte Poreless Primer ($36): If your skin gets greasy easily, invest in a heavy-duty primer to make makeup last longer and mattify the skin for all day wear. “This is like the ultimate glue for oily skin,” says New York City makeup artist Samantha Ramos. To avoid overdrying, we recommend using it only where you need it.
3. MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot ($22): How do you make a long-lasting product even better? Use it multiple ways. MAC’s Paint Pots can be used as an eyelid primer, eyeshadow, the base of a cream contour, or even as a brow gel. Whether for a bride, a model on an all-day photo shoot, or just your average workday, makeup artist Sheridan Meyers swears by them for all clients.
4. Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner ($22): Looking for that holy-grail liner that won’t smudge no matter what? Massachusetts-based makeup pro Katherine Kennedy promises that this Stila liner never transfers on her oily lids or eyes that water from wearing contacts.
5. Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder ($34): Setting your makeup is essential if you want your flawless face to carry you from desk to dinner. New England-area makeup artist Sara Thompson recommends the Urban Decay powder that features light-reflecting pigments to give you the “most subtle glow.”
6. By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Powder ($60): Australian makeup artist Emma Chen recommends this skin-hydrating powder for a picture perfect complexion no matter what your day entails. She says to opt for it if you are in search for a “shine-free formula that will hold makeup results without drying out the skin.”
Looking for more long-wearing products? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.