5 Low-Tech Beauty Tools to Use That Aren’t the Jade Roller
Our obsession with all the cooling and smoothing feels of a jade roller led us to ponder what other low-tech skincare tools can be game changers in our routine. Luckily, there are a bunch of new products out there that essentially have the same idea: They don’t require batteries, help skin care work more effectively, and can feel uber relaxing. Here are five skin tools that are bound to be as coveted as your trusty jade roller.
1. Tweezerman Complexion Cleansing Brush ($16): Still using your fingers to wash your face? Upgrade your daily cleansing routine with this hand-held (it fits easily in your palm) brush. The bristles will gently clear out pores while exfoliating away dry, dead skin cells.
2. ORA Gold Deluxe Microneedle Dermal Roller System ($26): Meet your new skin BFF: Glide this easy-to-use tool all over your face, and the ultra-tiny needles penetrate the skin, stimulating collagen production and opening up micro-channels that help increase the absorption of serums, creams, and oils up to 20 times more effectively.
3. Tweezerman Smooth Finish Facial Hair Remover ($20): So this may look like a torture device, but it’s actually a gentler way to remove unwanted hair from your face and an ideal match for sensitive skin that’s bothered by harsh chemicals and waxes. The coils grasp the entire hair from the root to minimize regrowth and safely removes it from the skin, giving a smoother look all over.
4. Nurse Jamie Exfoliband Silicone Loofah ($17): This silicone, anti-microbe honeycomb tool works like a loofah, minus the nasty bacteria growth. Use it with your favorite cleanser to deeply exfoliate and reveal a smoother layer of skin underneath.
5. Bee Stunning DiamondBuff Microdermabrasion Tool with Refined Radiance Hydrogel Mask ($60): Use this tool — made of stainless steel and crushed diamonds — and you’ll notice your face looks fresher and brighter immediately after. Its tiny size and easy-to-handle design means more control to polish skin to reveal a more radiant look, giving you spa-level results (especially when paired with the accompanying mask) at home.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.