12 Mismatched Earrings That You Can Totally Pull Off
While minimalist oversized earrings continue to have their moment, a new accessory trend has emerged on the Insta scene, winning over our hearts and, well, wallets. It girls everywhere have been embracing statement single earrings and mismatched styles to create looks that would make even the edgiest pair of drops feel downright snoozy. Below, we’ve scouted 12 scene-stealing options to help you pull together the ultimate trend-setting pair.
1. Knobbly Studio Abstract Nude With Nipple Mismatched Earrings ($135): Abstract, yet elegant, these anatomically inspired baubles are the perfect pick to shake up snoozy nine-to-five ensembles in a snap.
2. Faris Keshi Earring ($195): Spice up a simple pair of geometric studs by throwing this OMG-worthy single earring into the mix. For maximum impact, opt for a sideswept ‘do that shows off your adorned lobes.
3. BaubleBar Comet Ear Trio ($58): Play the layering game to achieve a look that’s out of this world with this gorgeous galactic set. For a bit more glitz, add on a diamond or star-shaped stud and give lids a dusting of gold or bronze shimmer.
4. Mango Mixed Asymmetric Earrings ($26): Expect to own the limelight when you step out with this showstopping mismatched set in tow. While the dramatic drop comes paired with a sleek clip-like earring, the addition of a minimalist cuff will usher the look into haute new territory.
5. WWAKE Opal & Diamond Marquise Stud ($265): Because one is never enough. This solo stud is the epitome of chic and is practically begging to be styled alongside bright, swingy tassels or glitzy ear jackets.
6. Hillier Bartley Embellished Gold-Plated Paperclip Earring ($202): Our favorite thing about this punchy paperclip? Beyond its ability to add edge to flirty feminine pieces, its sleek construction allows you to slip on another earring to create a totally unique look. #winning
7. Dinosaur Designs Mineral Hoop Gold-Filled Resin Earrings ($110): Bad vibes don’t stand a chance against these sculptural hoops, inspired by Australia’s beach culture and the deep blue. The handcrafted tear drops can be worn solo to create the illusion that the blue resin and brass beads are floating, or worn with the matching single drop style in a second piercing.
8. Anndra Neen Stein Circle Earring ($195): This handmade hoop is not for the faint of heart, but if you’re ready and willing to take the plunge, it’ll usher you straight toward sartorial glory. While statement-making on its own (just look at the thing!), it could easily be paired with decorative earring backs for extra oomph.
9. Luv AJ Revel Starburst Hoop Huggies ($85): Four earrings, endless possibilities. Whether you rock ’em solo or layer them on with OTT drops or simple studs, these haute huggies are guaranteed to garner their fair share of double taps.
10. Sara Robertsson Flounce Single Earring ($386): Sure, it’s a splurge, but trust us when we say that the style points you’ll be racking up when you pop this pretty piece on are so worth it. We suggest wearing it alongside a sleek silver stud or a minimalist silver drop for a modern look with edge.
11. Humble Chic Olive Leaf Ear Crawler Set ($28): Go au naturale with this olive leaf ear crawler set that makes doubling up a snap. Team with a messy fishtail braid, airy sundress, and gladiators for a distinctly Mediterranean vibe.
12. Leigh Miller White Bronze Jetty Earring ($150): When you’re in need of a don’t-mess look (GNO perhaps?), let this textured drop lead the way. The contemporary aesthetic is the perfect partner to bar studs and doubled-up cuffs alike. The only thing missing from this tough-girl equation? A studded bag and dramatic berry pout.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.