Oversized Earrings Are the Spring Accessory You Didn’t Know You Needed
Remember when we said minimalism was dead? Well, we meant it, and the latest trend to crop up on the sartorial circuit — sleek, oversized earrings — is proof that “more is more” is the direction that fashion is moving. Combining clean lines, sculptural shapes, and muted hues, these larger-than-life baubles are incredibly versatile too (frayed hem jeans, mini skirts, and statement sleeves — they do it all). Get your ear lobes in on the action by scrolling through the nine OMG-worthy options below.
1. Bing Bang NYC Elongated Leaf Earring Set ($125): On-duty or off, this asymmetric set delivers on all fronts. Dress ‘em up with a black slip dress and leather jacket for a swanky rooftop soiree or dial them down with an off-the-shoulder top and high-waisted skinny jeans.
2. Mango Metal Pendant Earrings ($20): Show off your artistic side with a pair of abstract drop earrings that are guaranteed to inspire more than a few high fives from the trendsetting crowd. Channel your inner street style star with a statement trench, architectural mules, and a structured tote for a seriously stylish morning commute.
3. Stvdio Brooklyn Claude Hoop ($180): Fishtail braids in hoop form lend these oversized earrings an undeniable bohemian edge.
4. Faris Ladyday Earrings Large ($145): Nope — these are not your standard studs. The botanical design and sharp lines lend a certain one-of-a-kind quality that would attract prepsters and bohemian babes alike.
5. Wasted Effort East of Eden Earrings ($101): BRB, it’s time to jet set with these tropical drops that call for a floral sundress and fresh-squeezed margaritas by the sea. Obsessed? That would be an understatement.
6. Anthropologie Fringed Spoon Drop Earrings ($54): Life without a bit of fringe? Forget about it! We’re not exaggerating when we say that these swingy geometric earrings can capture the attention of an entire room.
7. Natalie Joy Curved Black Line Earrings ($100): Let’s be real — what’s not to love about a set of stacked modern drops that can be worn with sleek suits for the office or teamed with cutoffs and a simple tee on the weekend? Nada.
8. Dormir Sous La Lune Single Earring ($175): Less is more, people! With its myriad of layers and five-inch silhouette, this scene-stealing single earring isn’t messing around. Mix and match it with a slew of minimalist studs for a ceaselessly chic look that will never do you wrong.
9. Zimmermann Silver Suspended Link Earring ($235): Girl, we see you with your sleek layered hoops that were designed to make people stop and stare. Bona fide works of art, these stunners were meant to be shown off.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.