Morning Buzz! North West Channels a Disney Princess for Her Third Birthday Bash + More
With just two more weekdays to get through before the weekend arrives in all its glory, we’ve got all the morning buzz you need to know about, from North West’s epic third b-day party (complete with Disney princess cosplay) to Abigail Breslin’s Dirty Dancing tattoo. Check out all the scoop below!
1. North West has her 3rd birthday bash at Disneyland. North West proved she’s pretty much a Disney princess IRL at her third birthday bash in Disneyland, where she sat amidst a clearing of “animals” dressed to the hilt in full-blown Aurora garb. Her famous mom (who was all of us in this Instagram vid where she annoyed her sweet babe with a bevy of kisses) also took to her app to write her daughter a special message on her big day, saying, “The joy of my world, my best friend — I would be lost without you. I’ve loved seeing you grow up, and I can’t wait for many more amazing years. I love you, my bubs.” (Photo via @KimKardashian)
2. Oprah is releasing a cookbook, y’all. Mark your calendars: January 17, 2017 will mark the release of Oprah’s very first cookbook. Drawing on her experience from her own diet struggles, O says the book will include plenty of yummy — but healthy! — recipes. “In the past several months on Weight Watchers, I have worked with wonderful chefs to make healthier versions of my favorite meals,” she said in a statement. “When people come to my house for lunch or dinner, the number one thing they ask is, ‘how is this so delicious and still healthy?’ So I decided to answer that question with recipes everyone can enjoy.” It’s certainly working for her — Oprah has lost 30lbs on the program, and girl looks good! (Photo via Jemal Countess/Getty)
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Abigail Breslin (@abbienormal9) on
3. Abigail Breslin just got a Dirty Dancing tattoo. Abigail Breslin has been filming the remake of Dirty Dancing alongside stars like the newly made-over Sarah Hyland and Nicole Scherzinger for the past several months. Now, she has a memento to remember the experience — and a rather permanent one at that. Abigail’s got some new ink, which reads, “Nobody puts baby in a corner,” the iconic line that defines her character, Baby’s big breakout moment. Abigail writes, “I carried a watermelon and all I got was this tattoo,” another nod, of course, to an infamous Baby line. (Photo via @abbienormal9)
4. The passengers on this JetBlue flight banded together to support a grandmother of an Orlando nightclub victim. JetBlue made headlines when it offered free seats and waivers to families of the Orlando nightclub shootings. But it was the crew and passengers aboard one flight in particular that made one woman’s trip extra special. The grandmother of one of the victims, Luis Omar Ocasio-Capo (pictured), was flying alone to join her family in Orlando when she was privy to the kindness of many a stranger. JetBlue employees waited with her until it was time to board and got her settled in with a blanket, pillow and tissues. Then, they began passing around a piece of paper for passengers to sign. Instead of a few scribbled names, as flight attendant Kelly Davis Karas (who shared the story on Facebook) was expecting, she says they received “page after page after page after page of long messages offering condolences, peace, love and support,” along with several cash donations. The entire plane held a moment of silence for Luis before exiting the plane, at which point Kelly says each passenger stopped by the woman’s seat to personally offer their condolences. Complete with hugs, kind words and tears, the attendant says passengers were not even annoyed at the lengthy deboarding. We’re truly touched by Kelly’s story, and hope the rest of the family’s victims receive the same kindness as Luis’s grandmother did the world over. (Photo via Kelly Davis Karas)
5. This 13-year-old girl’s joke about Donald Trump has everyone in hysterics. Lori Mae Hernandez had the crowd in stitches with her lighthearted jabs at the Donald. Regardless of your political party, she’s not bad, eh? (Photo via America’s Got Talent)
— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) June 14, 2016
6. Quote of the Day: “Gender matters not when you’re rocking the force like you are, baby!” Mark Hamill to a young female fan asking if she could dress up like Luke Skywalker. (Photo via @HamillHimself)
Do you think North is the cutest princess ever? Tell us over @BritandCo!
(Photo via Pascal le Segretain/Getty)