Morning Buzz! Olivia Wilde Had Harsh Words for Subway Riders Who Don’t Give Pregnant Women Their Seats + More
From some subway shaming to a totally twinning mother-daughter duo, check out six of today’s buzziest news items below.
1. Imagine seeing this and knowing it was a subtweet about you?! Olivia Wilde must have had a bad ride on the NYC subway yesterday, because she slammed fellow passengers for not offering their seats to her very pregnant self when they seemingly had no reason not to do so. “NBD, able-bodied subway riders who won’t give your seat to a GIANT preggo,” she said sarcastically. “I’ll just stand riiiiight next to your head and pray I go into labor.” Seriously people, get it together and give up your seats!
2. OMG: Julianne Moore and her daughter are TOTAL twins. Julianne and her daughter Liv were front row at Ralph Lauren’s NYFW show last night, but not before posing for some photos together that made us SWEAR we were seeing double. 14-year-old Liv is obviously going to grow up to be every bit the stunner her mom is. (Photo via Jamie McCarthy/Getty)
3. This photo of Jamie Oliver and Lindsay Lohan cooking together gives us the warmest fuzzies. Lindsay is set to appear on the upcoming season of Jamie Oliver‘s Friday Night Feast cooking show, and we can’t wait. That is all.
4. Lena Dunham’s bikini selfie is an important reminder to take care of your health. Lena was at a pool party with some Girls cohorts when she sent a bathroom mirror selfie to her Instagram story, showing off not only her killer Target bikini, but the scars she has from her battles with endometriosis. “When the Target swimsuit does a b***h right,” she captioned the snap, nonchalantly adding, “Endo scars & all.” It’s moments like these that keep normalizing these experiences for other women (minus maybe the hotel pool party). (Photo via @lenadunham)
View this post on Instagram
"This weekend (Friday 16 and Saturday 17, starting at 7pm each night), the veteran actor will have another go at manning the bar at 21 Greenpoint, a Brooklyn newcomer from owners Syd Silver and Homer Murray (Bill's son) that's replacing their restaurant River Styx. The cocktails on offer are the creations of beverage director Sean McClure, an alum of Le Bernardin and Dirty French, but we're going to assume ol' Bill will have full control of the tequila bottles. " via @timeoutnewyork
A post shared by Yes Williamsburg (@yeswilliamsburg) on
5. Bill Murray will be bartending at a Brooklyn bar because Bill Murray. Bill’s son Homer is re-opening his restaurant space, formerly River Styx, as 21 Greenpoint this weekend, and will have his dad pouring shots for patrons. “We want people to come and have fun,” Homer told Eater NY. “People can walk in; just be nice. What my dad lacks in experience, he makes up for in tequila.”
6. Quote of the day: “I got rid of my phone so I can have air to create.” Same TBH, Kanye.
Do you ever try to have phone-free time? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Nicholas Hunt/Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)