20 Outdoor Rugs That Will Instantly Spruce Up *Any* Patio
With the start of summer closer than ever, now is the time to start thinking about ways to revamp your outdoor space. A budget-friendly yet super impactful way to switch up your look is with a summer outdoor rug. No matter what style or size you’re looking for, you’ll be able to find the perfect fit to transform your patio into everyone’s favorite backyard hangout. The best part? Most of these statement rugs are for indoor and outdoor use, so you can use them over and over again. Palm leaf prints, boho-chic fringe, and Southwest-inspired gems are all included in this list of faves that you’ll want to shop ASAP.
1. Safavieh Southwestern Rug ($36+): Black may not be the first color that comes to mind when you think about sprucing up your outdoor space, but you can’t deny this Southwestern printed rug is chic AF. It doesn’t matter what color scheme you have going on in your backyard; this option will fit in seamlessly and elevate the overall style.
2. Frontgate Boca Rug ($199+): If you’re going for vintage beach vibes, here’s the rug for you. The color, shape, and playful edges make this an adorable option for any small-space patio.
3. Jaipur Ridge Rug ($72+): This muted area rug will look *perfect* paired with some glossy white furniture (think: modern lounge chairs to ceramic stools).
4. Threshold Woven Round Rug ($100): Rattan is still having a major moment, and this round rug is a super easy way to incorporate it into your home. Style your brightest accents with the round rug to make it pop in all of the right ways.
5. Jaipur Catalina Rug ($103+): If you’re looking to brighten up your outdoor space with a healthy dose of color, look no further than this printed gem.
6. AllModern Estate Blue Rug ($37+): The bright blue and orange make an unexpected pairing for the ultimate summer textile.
7. H&M Jute Rug ($50): Simple, chic, and totally on budget? Yes, please! Small jute runners with fringed edges can be placed essentially anywhere to add some texture to your patio. Keep the rest of your decor neutral to really nail this laid-back look.
8. Jaipur Geo Frame Rug ($66+): If you’re going to be spending a lot of time outside, you’ll need a plush rug like this graphic option to ensure maximum coziness.
9. Lulu & Georgia Gwenda Rug ($30+): Desert-inspired decor is ultra trendy RN, and the Gwenda Rug is no exception. Get the look for your own outdoor space with a bold patterned pick. Adding rattan accents, lanterns, and a cactus or two are no-brainers.
10. Serena & Lily Seaview Rug ($398+): You’ll feel like you’re sitting seaside all season long with this light-hued area rug. Keep your whole color palette soft and muted to amplify the relaxed style.
11. Joss & Main Gigi Rug ($43+): Combined with boho accents and tons of plants, this rug will take your outdoor space to #jungalow heights.
12. World Market Geo Rug ($104): Just because you’re decorating an outdoor space doesn’t mean you shouldn’t include elements of your indoor aesthetic. This rug has a traditional Moroccan style, revamped with an ombre effect.
13. Home Depot Palm Leaf Rug ($44+): Mix prints, keep it monochromatic, or use it as a standalone statement — your backyard will be transformed into a tropical destination in no time.
14. Urban Outfitters Kilim Rug ($89+): If you’ve been itching to incorporate some Joshua Tree style to your space, try out a Kilim Rug. Its muted colors will still make an impact thanks to the fun pattern and bonus fringe.
15. Colonial Mills Carousel Rug ($89+): The oblong shape of this bright rug makes it the perfect place to congregate.
16. IKEA Patterned Rug ($10): On a budget? These affordable cuties are for you. Layer a few or display them individually to add pops of color to your backyard.
17. Pottery Barn Trina Rug ($169+): The pattern and shape here are traditional, but bright orange accents keep it modern. Incorporate hints of creamsicle shades throughout the rest of your decor with bright pillows or floor cushions to create a tied-together look.
18. Dash & Albert Fuchsia Rug ($46+): Bubblegum pink FTW. If Palm Springs pools are your inspo, this geo option is a must-have.
19. Artistic Weavers Hand-Tufted Rug ($26+): The neutral base here makes this rug the ideal choice for someone that isn’t necessarily the biggest fan of bright colors.
20. Zara Home Golden Striped Rug ($36): The rug’s natural, woven look makes it a workable option for just about any design aesthetic. Pair with other neutral pieces to keep the beachy feels going strong.
Looking for more outdoor decor ideas? Follow us on Pinterest for our favorite picks!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.