While it certainly still feels like summer outside, fall is fast approaching. Not that we want to wish away sandals and beach days, but we are kind of ready for a change… especially one that involves chunky knits, suede booties, and leather jackets all on standby.
One item that’s been in constant closet-rotation for the last few seasons: thigh-high boots. It seems no matter how many classic pairs we purchase, a new year creeps up on us with even cooler, fresher styles we need to get our hands on. If you haven’t scored a pair, then now is your chance, and these Instababes are here to give you all the inspo you need to rock this trend in style. Read on for eight ways that further prove why you need a pair in your life.
1. Sleek and Satin: Not so chilly out? Keep summer alive by mixing your satin boots with a frayed denim mini. Add a medium-knit turtleneck for a summer-to-fall transition look done right.
2. Go Bold: ICYMI, slouchy styles are all the rage. Try a daring shade, like this jewel-tone pair, which are surprisingly wearable when worn with neutral separates.
3. Top It Off: A seasonal hat, statement sleeves, and thigh-high boots are the perfect pieces to toss on over your favorite jeans. It’s easy, casual, and totally polished.
4. Red on Red: The only thing missing here is a red lip, but we can’t complain — girl looks GOOD. A red shoe is bold on its own, but OTK stilettos paired with a matching dress is some next-level badassery.
5. Touch of Texture: We New Yorkers love an all-black outfit (shocking). Do the same, but go for velvet flat boots and a knit cardi for a take that’s anything but boring.
6. Luxe Leather: Amp things up for a night out with a little (or a lot of) leather. As if that doesn’t have enough cool curb appeal, suede OTK boots in a contrasting color will really have you standing out.
7. Gray Gardens: The quintessential fall uniform: A cozy sweater dress with easy-to-walk-in suede boots. We’re loving the monochromatic feel of this look — gray somehow feels even more effortless than black.
8. Blue Jean Baby: Without these statement-making boots, you have a sweater and jeans. With them? You have a lewk. Snag a pair in an unexpected color and go unnoticed — in the best way possible, of course.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!