When it comes to makeup , we tend to wear colors that parallel the vibe of a particular season. Colder months usually evoke darker shades on the spectrum of blues, purples and browns, while the warmer seasons are all about bright hues that scream vacation and piña coladas (ugh, is it summer yet?). Even though it’s fun to wear makeup that jibes with the season, we’re switching up our lipstick game with an unexpected shade that’s everywhere on Instagram. Pink lipstick, whether it’s matte, glossy or a little bit of both, will add a fun feel to any outfit — including that dressy winter coat . So leave the dark shades at the door and welcome a bright, sweet hue just like these Instababes that will remind you of bubblegum, Barbies and basking in the sun.
1. Statement Lips: Grasie lets her lip color really pop by leaving the rest of her makeup minimal and fresh — just a dusting of light pink across her lids and a matte finish to her cheeks. We really love how the striking lip hue makes her highlights pop. (via @grasiemercedes )
2. Sultry Cat Eye: Pair your pink lips with a smokey cat eye for an ultra dramatic look. Add a bit of shine by highlighting your cheeks and the bridge of your nose for an extra glowy finish. (via @naptural85 )
3. Preppy Pink Pout: Praise the makeup gods for this beautiful shade of pink. Taylor complements her bright, glossy lips with a swipe of bronzer and an extra dose of mascara. (via @taylorlashae )
4. Natural Meets Neutral: For a more subtle take on this trend, wear a lipstick shade that is workday appropriate. Match it with neutral-colored nails and dainty jewelry for an HR-approved look. (via @9to5chic )
5. Pale Pink: Mariale is killing it summer style in this pale lipstick shade. She completes the fun-loving look with an effortless side braid and a bit of shimmer on the inner corners of her eyes. (via @mariale )
6. Peachy Pink: Christina is sending off some serious warm-weather vibes with her peach-colored lipstick. Add perfectly tousled curls and matching pink nails and this look is perfect to copy for a day out with the girls a the farmer’s market. Or, you know, sipping on margaritas. #nojudgement (via @newdarlings )
7. Rosy Finish: Rosalina is not afraid to make a statement. But while her hair and eyebrows have a mind of their own, her mauve-colored lipstick helps tone down the look with a matte finish and subtle pencil outline. (via @ahitsrosa )
8. Stain It Pink: This look is perfect when you need to get out the door in 10 minutes flat. All you need is a strong brow, a mean cat eye and stained pink lips and you’re ready to turn heads. (via @nabelanoor )
9. Subtly Sultry: Ricarda’s daytime look is sugar sweet thanks to a subtle pink lip and kitten eyeliner . With blunt bangs and a white mani, you can wear this beauty look at your next office meeting or coffee date. (via @catsanddogsblog )
10. Girl Next Door: Jules always knows how to rock beautiful summer tresses. This time, she’s flaunting a baby pink pout with bold, thick eyebrows for an overall flawless finish. Whether she woke up like this or not, we need to know her beauty secrets, like, right now. (via @sincerelyjules )
11. Barbie Girl Pink: Victoria looks gorgeous with her Barbie-pink lips and deep side part. Whether you’re in sweats or rocking a LBD, this killer combo is a winner for any night of the week. (via @inthefrow )
12. Pop of Pink: Kayla shines bright with her pastel hair and metallic lips. To rock this look, sport an on-trend mani and a fierce pair of glasses, along with your favorite unexpected shade of p-i-n-k. (via @kayysteeze )
Are you going to wear a pink shade of lipstick during winter? Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo.