8 Instababes Who Will Make You Want to Try Kitten Eyeliner
When it comes to beauty, bigger isn’t always better. Take, for instance, the bold cat-eye look that we’re used to — a robust, thick line that ends in a sharp knife-like point. According to Instagram, that classic flick is in the midst of a makeunder, minimized to a smaller or sometimes barely-there look that still accentuates your eyes but only adding just a hint of flirt — the kitten eye, if you will. See how these eight Instababes rock this minimalistic take on retro liner.
1. @jacqharriet: Jacqueline is really channeling her girl-next-door vibe with a small flick of her eyeliner, fresh face and too-cool jeans and tee. (Photo via @jacqharriet)
2. @madeleinemichael: Barely-there winged liner is perfect for when you don’t want to wear a ton of makeup, but still appear as if you’ve put *some* effort into the look. A slouchy sweater and side-swept ‘do will round the lazy-girl vibes out nicely. (Photo via @madeleinemichael)
3. @toristerling_: Tori proves that no lip color is too bold for the kitten eye. Just keep the rest of your look minimal — her sun-kissed complexion, loose waves and white button-down will do the trick. (Photo via @toristerling_)
4. @weylie: Weylie’s eyes get a boost of energy with a small flick of eyeliner and a whole lot of mascara — a great way to play up your eyes without agonizing over precision. (Photo via @weylie)
5. @profreshstyle: Christina adds just the right amount of drama to the kitten eye with bolder liquid liner, but keeps the look low-key with her bandana and striped tee. (Photo via @profreshstyle)
6. @indiesunshine: Indie smudged her wing ever so slightly to give it a smokey finish without feeling too dramatic — AKA the *perfect* daytime eye look. (Photo via @indiesunshine)
7. @bethanynoelm: No need to hide your eyes when they are looking this fierce. Bethany added a little bit of eyeliner on the waterline as well as a small wing in the edge of her eye. Mysterious? Yes. Beautiful? Double yes. (Photo via @bethanynoelm)
8. @frankie_marin: It goes without saying that Bryana‘s hair is beautiful (that color!), but it’s hard not to be hypnotized by her eyeliner too. By only lining the corner of the eye and ending it with a baby wing, it gives it a super edgy effect without going overboard. (Photo via @frankie_marin)
What do you think about this new eyeliner trend? Let us know in the comments below!