7 Renter-Friendly Kitchen Updates We Found on Instagram
Residing in a rental doesn’t have to mean living vicariously through your decor inspo Pinterest Board. While you may feel stuck with those dated built-ins and hardware, there are actually plenty of temporary kitchen upgrades that *don’t* involve losing your security deposit. Scroll down for a few ways that you can jazz up your space in just one day.
1. Create a Kitchen #Shelfie: Remove the cabinets from one bay and style your prettiest ceramics and canisters for an Instagram-worthy shelving moment.
2. Update the Fridge: Some peel-and-stick wallpaper is all you need to make an old refrigerator stand out. Go with a solid color or opt for a gorg pattern for a big statement.
3. Add More Storage: Bookshelves aren’t just for the living room and bedroom. Move a unit into the kitchen to show off your best glassware, colorful cookbooks, and lush plants.
4. Color Code Your Collection: Get some extra work out of your kitchenware by arranging it by hue and putting it on display.
5. Create an Arty Backsplash: No room in a sea of cabinets to hang your favorite prints? Get a little creative with your decor and use art as an edgy backsplash.
6. Switch up the Pulls: Replacing the cabinet hardware is a simple task that makes a HUGE difference. Just be sure to stow away the old knobs so that you can swap them back before you move.
7. Stock up on Storage: Maximize any limited cabinet and wall space by installing picture ledges/hooks for a little art, decor, and your favorite patterned kitchen textiles.
Looking for more rental upgrade ideas to accomplish this weekend? Follow us on Pinterest for more home inspo!