With the Golden Globes kicking off awards show season this year, we’re all about looking for new style inspiration from the sparkling stars on the red carpet. This year we saw lots of wispy, romantic hairstyles, classy cutouts, and, naturally, lots of sparkle. Who says sequins are just for New Year’s Eve? Or for an ’80s party? We love us a good amount of sequins around these parts, and love any excuse to sparkle head to toe. Here are 12 head-turning sequined styles, inspired by looks seen right on the red carpet.
1. Animal Sequin Long Sleeve Mini Dress ($157): First up, this glamorous number looks like Gatsby gone modern. We love the way it hangs effortlessly — all you need is red lipstick, a pair of black heels, and you’re good to go.
2. Knit Sequin Dress ($119): Who knew baseball tees could go chic? We’re loving this sparkly but casual frock.
3. Geo Tribal Sequin Mini Dress ($107): Hold the phone. Sequins, geometric designs, and sleeves? Yes. YES. And yes! This is our favorite on the list.
4. Ariella Dress ($708): Can’t have sequins without a little splurge, can we? This beautiful dress is a serious show-stopper.
5. S.Y.L.K. Monda Gold Sequin Dress ($181): Gah! If only we had seen this metallic number in time for all those holiday parties. Definitely bookmarking for this year’s festive season.
6. 10 Crosby Derek Lam Sequin Dress ($697): Another splurge, the intricate patterning on this dress is a spectacle to behold. You wouldn’t even need jewelry with this number.
7. Warehouse Sequin Neutral and Gold Dress ($181): There’s something sort of mid century modern about this gold and pale pink dress, and we’re digging it.
8. Bergen Embellished Ballerina Dress ($418): Modern day ballerina much?
9. Knitted Dress with Sequin Bodice ($492): Now this is a stunner. The structured shape of the bodice and skirt create a sort of robotic look that’s fierce as ever.
10. Elisa Shimmering Stripes Dress ($331): This sequined take on the little black dress is one of those pieces you’ll wear year after year.
11. French Connection Animal Wave Sequin Dress ($389): Be careful about wearing this in the sunlight — unless you’ve got your shades at the ready ;)
12. Whistles Mercy Sequin Panel Dress ($194): Finally, this sleek dress sways when you walk, and pairs beautifully with a pair of black pumps.
What were your favorite style moments at this year’s Golden Globes? Talk to us in the comments below.