The Most Adorable (and Adoptable!) Pups in San Francisco
Now that we’re officially Pet + Co, we wanted to support our friends over at the San Francisco SPCA who are still looking for a forever home. From puppies, kitties, dogs, cats and even a few adorable bunnies, we’re giving a sweet shout out to some of the pets that are currently up for adoption. Scroll on to find your new BFF, and then get ready to pick out their quirky accessories and cue up a movie or show for pet lovers.
1. Radar: Radar is a nice pooch that came from the local shelter. He will do well with caring adopters that can provide him daily exercise, some training, chances to mingle with other dogs of like size and lots of affection. Learn more about Radar here.
Age: 1 year, 9 months
Breed: Terrier, Chihuahua, Short Coat
Activity Level: Medium
Personality: Busy Bee
2. Pavlov: Pavlov is a curious pup looking for adopters that can commit to continuing his puppy education and socialization. He’s ready for a home with snuggles, playtime and lots of puppy-love! Learn more about Pavlov here.
Age: 3 months
Weight: 30lbs. 14oz.
Breed: German Shepherd Mix
3. Danielle: This is a girl on the go! She is a bundle of energy and loves to share. Someone give this girl a job! It could be a sport or a task, but Danielle will do just about anything for a treat and some affection. She enjoys running, playing and training, and after all that, doesn’t mind some snuggle time. Learn more about Danielle here.
Age: 2 years, 7 months
Weight: 28lbs. 11oz.
Breed: Australian Cattle Dog / Terrier
Activity Level: High
Adoptable Cats in San Francisco
1. Sister MC: Sister MC is an energetic all-black kitten. She’s outgoing and makes friends easily (since she’s such a sweetheart). If you’re looking for a wonderful girl to have in your life for a long time, than come by and meet Sister MC today. Learn more about Sister MC here.
Age: 6 months
Weight: 4lbs. 6oz.
Personality: Lion Hearted
2. Mina is a sweet girl who loves to cuddle and play with noodle toys. She can be initially shy with new people, but warms up very quickly. Mina would do best in an indoor only home with patient adopters who can give her lots of play time and cuddles. Learn more about Mina here.
Age: 3 years, 9 months
Weight: 6lbs. 10oz.
3. Rusty is an orange and white boy who needs a new forever home. He may take a moment to come out and meet you, but it’s just because he hasn’t completely adjusted to all the strange noises and smells at the shelter. Rusty is looking for an indoors-only home, with adults — and possibly older children — who will respect his space. Learn more about Rusty here.
Age: 11 months
Weight: 6lbs. 10oz.
Adoptable Small Animals
1. Riley: Riley is a beautiful rabbit with fashionable eyeliner and adorable black ears peeking out from his white coat. He likes to approach new friends when he’s ready and once he does, he loves to get gentle pets between his ears and snuggle up after playtime. Learn more about Riley here.
Age: 1 year, 1 month
All of these cats and dogs are looking for new families to love. See all of the available animals at sfspca.org, or come meet them at the two San Francisco SPCA adoption centers in the Fillmore and Mission Districts. Wherever you are, visit your local animal shelter and rescue groups to adopt a pet. Let’s stop the cycle of cruel animal mills who sell to pet shops and online. PS — Don’t forget to check out the SF SPCA’s puppy camandkitten cam!