The Most Adorable (and Adoptable!) Pups in San Francisco
Now that we’re officially Pet + Co, we wanted to support our friends over at the San Francisco SPCA who are still looking for a forever home. From puppies, kitties, dogs, cats and even a few adorable bunnies, we’re giving a sweet shout out to some of the pets that are currently up for adoption. Scroll on to find your new BFF, and then get ready to pick out their quirky accessories and cue up a movie or show for pet lovers.
1. Radar: Radar is a nice pooch that came from the local shelter. He will do well with caring adopters that can provide him daily exercise, some training, chances to mingle with other dogs of like size and lots of affection. Learn more about Radar here.
Age: 1 year, 9 months
Breed: Terrier, Chihuahua, Short Coat
Activity Level: Medium
Personality: Busy Bee
2. Pavlov: Pavlov is a curious pup looking for adopters that can commit to continuing his puppy education and socialization. He’s ready for a home with snuggles, playtime and lots of puppy-love! Learn more about Pavlov here.
Age: 3 months
Weight: 30lbs. 14oz.
Breed: German Shepherd Mix
3. Danielle: This is a girl on the go! She is a bundle of energy and loves to share. Someone give this girl a job! It could be a sport or a task, but Danielle will do just about anything for a treat and some affection. She enjoys running, playing and training, and after all that, doesn’t mind some snuggle time. Learn more about Danielle here.
Age: 2 years, 7 months
Weight: 28lbs. 11oz.
Breed: Australian Cattle Dog / Terrier
Activity Level: High
Adoptable Cats in San Francisco
1. Sister MC: Sister MC is an energetic all-black kitten. She’s outgoing and makes friends easily (since she’s such a sweetheart). If you’re looking for a wonderful girl to have in your life for a long time, than come by and meet Sister MC today. Learn more about Sister MC here.
Age: 6 months
Weight: 4lbs. 6oz.
Personality: Lion Hearted
2. Mina is a sweet girl who loves to cuddle and play with noodle toys. She can be initially shy with new people, but warms up very quickly. Mina would do best in an indoor only home with patient adopters who can give her lots of play time and cuddles. Learn more about Mina here.
Age: 3 years, 9 months
Weight: 6lbs. 10oz.
3. Rusty is an orange and white boy who needs a new forever home. He may take a moment to come out and meet you, but it’s just because he hasn’t completely adjusted to all the strange noises and smells at the shelter. Rusty is looking for an indoors-only home, with adults — and possibly older children — who will respect his space. Learn more about Rusty here.
Age: 11 months
Weight: 6lbs. 10oz.
Adoptable Small Animals
1. Riley: Riley is a beautiful rabbit with fashionable eyeliner and adorable black ears peeking out from his white coat. He likes to approach new friends when he’s ready and once he does, he loves to get gentle pets between his ears and snuggle up after playtime. Learn more about Riley here.
Age: 1 year, 1 month
All of these cats and dogs are looking for new families to love. See all of the available animals at sfspca.org, or come meet them at the two San Francisco SPCA adoption centers in the Fillmore and Mission Districts. Wherever you are, visit your local animal shelter and rescue groups to adopt a pet. Let’s stop the cycle of cruel animal mills who sell to pet shops and online. PS — Don’t forget to check out the SF SPCA’s puppy camandkitten cam!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.