14 LWDs That Pull Double-Duty As Beach Wedding Dresses
This just in, kiddos. Summer’s officially in session for the next three months. Get ready for a season filled with summer fashion essentials that read easy, breezy, and carefree. But for all the low-key, beach-loving brides, nothing reigns supreme more than the perfect little white dress that’s game for a rehearsal dinner in Montauk, seaside I dos, or ceremonies on the shore. Keep scrolling for 14 beach-ready LWDs that are guaranteed to make your sand-filled walk down the aisle white haute.
1. For Love & Lemons Starry Eyed Mini Dress ($311): Cool girl alert! Cool girl alert! We’ve only got heart eyes for this frilly mini dress that’s practically an open invitation to embrace your inner Hollywood starlet. Floral hair accessories and killer strappy sandals can top off your bridal ensemble.
2. Madewell Eyelet Cold-Shoulder Dress ($148): Don’t hesitate to reach for this ivory cold-shoulder dress featuring a sweet eyelet hem for boardwalk brides who want to keep things casual. Not only is it the definition of one-and-done, but it’ll keep you cool ahead of the first heat wave.
3. Fashion Union Tall Frill Dress With Tie Cami Straps ($51): In case you missed the memo, playful shoulder ties are making a splash by the pool and on the wedding circuit. Nothing says sweet and ceremony-ready like a carefree white apron dress that doubles as a makeshift bikini cover-up for the rest of the season.
4. Tobi Andie White Shift Dress ($68): Quintessential summer shift, right this way. Consider yourself covered for an elegant sunset wedding and dance party reception now that you’ve got this piece de resistance on standby.
5. Topshop Petite Lace Ruffle Mini Dress ($125): You’ve seen one swoon-inducing LWD, and you’ve seen ‘em all — right? WRONG. Between the intricate floral lace sleeves and flouncy li’l ruffle detail, this petite beaut oozes French-girl sophistication for ocean-view nuptials.
6. Lovers + Friends Star Chaser Dress ($180): File this Grecian goddess-inspired dress under what to wear when you want to hop from the main event straight to the after-party. Lace-up gladiators are pretty much mandatory if you’re intent on dancing the night away.
7. Pixie Market White Sheer Cut Out Waist Dress ($82): Summer’s done in a flash: Snag this ethereal white tulle dress now or forever hold your peace. Perfect for a beach wedding and, later in the season, garden parties, or rooftop sips with a view — now we’re talking.
8. Free People Secret Origins Pieced Lace Tunic ($128):Girlll, get ready for all eyes to be on you (naturally, you’re the bride, after all). Usher this romantic sheer lace tunic dress into after-hours territory with a leather moto jacket and black ankle boots for an outdoor seaside event.
9. Forever 21 Ruffle Contrast Cutout Dress ($48): Ruffles and cutouts? It must be our lucky day. Gear up for a Gossip Girl-takes-the-beach soireé with this black contrast trim dress that looks like a million bucks.
11. Zara Embroidered Mini Dress ($70): When searching for the perfect boho bridal look, style this embroidered floral dress with a flower crown and a bold red lip.
12. Endless Rose Lace Mini Dress ($98): Cue the fairy-tale moments with this allover lace frock that’s fit for a princess bride. Pare it down with white tennies for post-wedding day fun.
13. Scotch & Soda Dress With Cutouts ($175): Nothing beats a festi-cool dress that can be tossed over your fave lace bralette during the dog days of summer, amirite? Keep those vibes coming for casual I dos in an exotic locale that sidesteps the spectacle.
14. Tularosa Clayton Dress ($218): Sorry, not sorry, but this babe’s officially ready to hit “Out of Office” and head straight to her honeymoon in Maui. Team this dainty little white dress with a floppy embroidered straw hat and sun-kissed skin for no shortage of cool-girl bridal bliss.
Will you be grabbing a low-key LWD for all your summer wedding events? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.