The first day of summer might technically be June 21, but it’s never too early to start rolling out your fave warm-weather essentials (carpe that diem, girl!), in our humble opinion. And it would appear that Instababes everywhere share our sentiment. As of late, the social media platform has been swimming in a sea of show-stopping summery ensembles that have us ready to romp around in mini dresses, plunging one-pieces, and embroidered espadrilles from now until Labor Day. Wondering what pieces to add or, better yet, resurrect from the depths of your closet first? According to our favorite street style stars, the 16 pieces below.
1. Boho Coverup: Be it a trip to the beach or a stint by the pool, don’t even think about stepping foot out the door without a showstopping coverup in tow. Because your Insta-worthy swimsuit shouldn’t get to have all the fun.
2. Attention-Grabbing Swimsuits: Once you’ve got your base tan covered, go ahead, girl, and embrace OTT swimsuits with an endless supply of sass. Whack tan lines are always a possibility, but with stunners like this packing an endless supply of wow-factor, that’ll be the last thing on your mind.
3. LWD: No summer lineup is complete without at least one twirl-worthy white dress in the mix. Be it a weekend escape to the Hamptons or a backyard bash, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to bust one of these babies out.
4. Jazzed-Up Denim Jackets: Expand your sartorial horizons this summer by swapping out a classic denim jacket for playful pastels or eye-catching embroidery. Take style cues from Rocky Barnes and pair it with cutoffs, a band tee, and fresh white sneakers for a casual off-duty look.
5. Crop Tops and High-Waist Trousers: Introducing the foolproof duo that will take you straight through summer in style. Be it a festival-ready bralette or a tie-front top with statement sleeves, team a belly-bearing crop top with tailored high-waist trousers for an Instababe-approved ensemble that comes together in seconds.
6. Wide Brim Hat: Perfect your #OOTD routine with a tried-and-true topper that gives new meaning to the concept of throwing shade. Do like blogger babe Julie Sariñana and wear yours with beachy waves and a tie-front top for an afternoon of fun in the sun.
7. Retro Sunnies: With sunshine now officially a thing, it’s time to bust out your best pair of sunnies. A simple rule of thumb to remember: the bigger, the better.
8. All Crochet Everything: With festivals and boardwalk fêtes on the horizon, a little crochet is definitely in order. To strike the perfect balance between boho and uptown elegance, team your free-wheelin’ pieces with abstract jewelry and a structured top-handle bag.
9. Souped-Up Slides: It’s officially time to bust out the pool slides. While last season was all about sporty ‘90s-style steppers, this year’s take on the timeless slide takes on a more glamorous tone with bold embellishments and next-level details.
10. Gingham: Gingham has transformed itself from preppy pattern to It-girl staple, with showstopping pieces like this strappy bow-tied top taking over Instagram like a boss. Pair a gingham blouse with culottes and sculptural heels for a mod take on the traditional throwback look.
11. Summery Suiting: So necessary. Equal parts cool and put-together, best believe HR will be asking you to give a seminar on summer dressing like a girlboss.
12. Twirl-worthy Sundresses: Because every girl needs a dress that was practically made for dancing under the stars and sipping limoncello by the sea, duh.
13. Bodysuits and Denim Shorts: Need a zero-effort outfit that will snag you a spot in the style hall of fame? This is it, girl.
14. Woven Bags: Time to tuck away your favorite leather tote in favor of a more lightened-up look. The perfect pick? A woven crossbody bag with French girl flair.
15. Off-the-Shoulder Tops: Show off those shoulders ladies! Off-the-shoulder styles haven’t lost any of their appeal for summer 2017, so don’t hesitate to pair them with everything from distressed white denim to flirty button-front skirts.
16. Matching Sets: This isn’t your grandma’s matching set. Karen of Where Did You Get That gives the whole matchy matchy thing an undeniable cool girl vibe with a flirty strapless top, matching skirt, and edgy accessories for a contemporary look.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!