8 Shoe Styles You’ll See Everywhere This Fall
Over-the-knee boots, slouchy booties, and kitten heels are topping the fall trends list and definitely won’t be hard to spot this coming season. But if you’re looking to expand your fashion palette, there are other footwear options just begging for a place in your closet. See which statement-making trends are the must-shop shoes for fall.
1. Tony Bianco Diddy Stretch Bootie ($160): From thigh-high “pant” boots to shorter styles that give the illusion of a sock and shoe, it’s safe to say fashionistas alike are hooked on the second skin silhouette. Wear this stretchy version under cropped flares for a street-style moment of your own.
2. No. 21 Flat Slides With Bow in Velvet ($575): Try a bold velvet-on-velvet look (the updated Canadian tuxedo perhaps?) by pairing these jewel-tone slides with an equally luxe textured top or dress.
3. Alexandre Birman White Leather Kitten Booties ($695): White after Labor Day? It’s a yes for us. In bright white, these mod booties will go with just about everything in your wardrobe.
4. Balenciaga Buckle Leather 35mm Bootie ($1,275): Yes, this is a splurge and costs as much as rent, but we have one word to justify things: investment. A designer shoe that’s black, sturdy, and forever-cool? It pretty much pays for itself — and that’s not even counting the dozens of times we’ll be breaking out these babies from now through next summer. Pair your chunky combat boots with plaid for a preppy-grunge vibe or let them be the focus of your look with a simple sweater and jeans.
5. Loeffler Randall Nicky Block Heel Strappy Fur Sandal ($495): Embracing the embellished trend means pretty much anything goes — embroidered, studs, and now pom-poms. These heels not only incorporate the latter, but the metallic leather, block heel, and ankle straps will have you reading fashion-forward with every step you take.
6. Miss Selfridge Patent Zip Front Ankle Bootie ($88): Nope, this is definitely not Dorothy’s red shoe. Turn heads in the color du jour with this patent pair, best worn with something a little more low key to let your boots do the talking. (But if you want to go all out, we’re not opposed.)
7. Jeffrey Campbell x Revolve Truly Bootie ($135): The soft supple fabric is no longer reserved for just fancy occasions. You’ll now find satin in boots and slides in every color under the sun. Wear this olive-hued pair as a neutral, which can easily take you from work to play.
8. Jessica Simpson Jenee Platform Sandal ($129): Opulent patterns, like these floral-brocade heels, are showing up everywhere from budget-friendly brands to pricier designers. This affordable pair hits two marks in one — the latter and a throwback to the ’70s with its platform silhouette.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.