Between the ankle strap and kitten heel, slingbacks are about as ladylike as your shoe game can get. If you’re thinking you’ve already seen a pair or two among the fashion crowd, you’re not wrong — and you can most likely thank Dior and Chanel for that. It-girls everywhere are now obsessing over the pretty silo (proof here, here, and here), and we’re certain it’ll be popping up all over fashion week come September as well. Want to get ahead of the curve? Shop our picks below that are equal parts comfy and trendy for fall 2017.
1. River Island Black Patent Bow Slingback Shoes ($80): While this patent pair might have a bow detail, it doesn’t feel overly girlie, thanks to the striped fabric that adds sporty flair.
2. Sam Edelman Ludlow Slingback Pump ($110): Looking to add a pop of sparkle to your OOTD? Try something with metallic embroidery! While on the fancier side, these dusty rose slingbacks can easily be dressed down with light-wash denim and a crisp button-up.
3. Aquazzura Powder Puff 45 Pumps ($795): We’re willing to bet you never knew you needed suede slingbacks in the prettiest shade of periwinkle with a furry pom-pom on top.
4. Ganni Sabine Leopard Print Suede Slingbacks ($235): These. Are. So. Good. The pointy toe, ties at the back, and, most important, the animal print make for one really amazing pair of pumps that will add some life to your LBD.
5. Manolo Blahnik Carolyn Tweed Low-Heel Halter Pump ($695): Hello, lover. These color-blocked tweed kitten heels will be your new go-to this fall… and winter. They’re just as timeless as your basic black pumps, only so much better.
6. & Other Stories Kitten Heel Pumps ($125): For a little less toe cleavage, scoop up these pink beauties that are not only affordable but seriously gorge. If you’re feeling extra adventurous, wear them with an all-pink ensemble, like a chunky sweater and midi skirt, for a monochromatic vibe.
7. Marni Leather Slingback Kitten Heels ($519): Sleek perfection, people. The smooth, light gray leather and simple geometric detail were made for the ultimate minimalist.
8. Paul Andrew Rhea Suede Slingback Pumps ($645): ICYMI, red is the It-color for fall. Let your feet get in on the action with a punchy designer pair. Show them off in a cropped flare for a playful yet feminine look.
9. Tibi Lea Leather Slingback Pumps ($425): Step into a sculpted shape for full fashion impact. This no-nonsense pair is surprisingly versatile.
10. Zara Embroidered Velvet Slingback Shoes ($56): A few of our favorite things: velvet, jeweled accents, and a go-with-everything, wear-everywhere color. Zara strikes again! (But are you really that surprised?)
Follow us on Pinterest for more summer style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.