Update Your Gmail App STAT for Peace of Mind
Peace of mind is a funny thing. You may think you have it and then something major happens that rattles everything. (Cough, cough, this week!) If you need to unwind and calm down this weekend, but have no idea where to start, we’ve got five apps that will help you get your life a BIT back into order. Whether you need reassurance that you’ll never send another stupid email again or if you’re looking for advice from strangers, here are five apps that will keep your head cool, calm and collected.
1. Gmail: This new Gmail update should go down in history. The app will now let you “unsend” emails. SCORE! Whether you’ve made an embarrassing typo or
sent a drunk email realized you sent the email to the wrong person, Gmail will now help you take it back.
2. Apple Support: When one of your Apple devices goes down, you can troubleshoot the problem with an expert right from your phone. Unless, of course, the problem is with your phone. Then you’re going to have to get an iPad or something…
3. Delphi: For those on a meditation and/or awareness kick right now, here’s one more app to add to your arsenal. The app basically aims to make you more conscious of how you’re spending your time to make you more aware in every moment. Plus, it will help you set meaningful goals and remember important dates.
4. Simple Habit: So if you were reading the above and realized that you know absolutely nothing about meditation, but some of your friends have tried it and you’re kind of curious about the whole thing: This is the app for you. It’s absolutely free and will guide you through five-minute meditations that easily incorporate themselves in your life.
5. Rushline: Sometimes, strangers give the best advice. If you’ve ever eavesdropped on a stranger’s conversation in public, only to find yourself agreeing with them or if you’ve quickly become engrossed with them, you should download this app ASAP. Basically, it will let you watch two strangers have a conversation (and you can even jump in, if you want). Don’t worry: Everything is totally legal. Identities are hidden, but everybody knows someone is listening to the conversation.
Which was your favorite app this week? Let us know @BritandCo!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)