9 Reasons Why String Art Is the Next Big Thing in Wedding Decor
String art isn’t just for summer camp crafts anymore, ladies! The budget-friendly option will save you some serious dough and add an interesting element to your wedding centerpieces, photo backdrops, and dessert displays. You can spend a weekend hammering and tying, or enlist the help of your craftiest bridesmaids to turn your decor into a work of art. Scroll on for nine colorful ideas.
1. Pastel Love String Art: Love is in the air with this pretty sign that can be displayed long after your wedding day is over. Change the colors to fit your theme and it definitely won’t go unnoticed. (via City Love Photography / Style Me Pretty)
2. String Art Welcome Sign: Who doesn’t like to see their name on a sign? Give your guests a grand entrance with a welcome sign that reminds them exactly who they are here to celebrate. (via Anna Jaye Photography / Want That Wedding)
3. DIY String Art Hearts: Upgrade your thank-you cards with a handmade touch. These are perfect for an intimate wedding where you can take the time to individually make a card for all of the special people in your life. (via Hello Wonderful)
4. String Art Seating Chart: This seating chart is a DIY-ers dream come true! Pro tip: Use a different colored string for each table number so that it doesn’t take your guests forever to find their seat. (via Flora + Fauna / Ruffled Blog)
5. String Art Embroidery Hoops: Create your own photo back-drop with colorful embroidery hoops. After your big day, use them to decorate a blank wall in your newlywed home. (via Megan Hartley Photography / Elizabeth Anne Designs)
6. String Art Table Runner: Add some extra pizzazz with a table runner that is just begging to be Instagrammed. It will be the center of attention — besides you, of course. (via Ashley Ludascher / 100 Layer Cake)
7. DIY String Art Table Numbers: If you’re looking for more details to DIY and need to save some money, table numbers are the perfect place to start. You can whip up these cute string art numbers with a super easy template that will have all of your friends asking you to do theirs. (via Studio 11 Weddings / Something Turquoise)
9. String Art Backdrop: Highlight the most important area at your reception — the dessert table! If the sugar doesn’t call your friends and family to the cake cutting, then these hanging works of art surely will. (via Mandilynn Photography / 100 Layer Cakelet)
Which string art decorations are your favorite? Follow us on Pinterest for more decor inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.