15 Dresses to Wear to Every Spring Wedding
Wedding season is fast approaching, and if your agenda is already filling up with “I do’s,” it’s time to start thinking about your wedding guest wardrobe. Wedding dress codes are rife with with do’s and don’ts, making what should be an effortless exercise in occasion dressing seem totally complicated. Luckily, we’ve found the solution to all those what-do-I-wear questions. These 15 dresses are perfect for all the spring and summer weddings on your lineup. From backyard bashes to urban rooftop affairs, the ideal outfit is just a scroll away.
1. Needle & Thread Hammered Satin Cascade Dress ($223): Ruffles are back — and in a big way. The frilly-yet-fabulous embellishment will fit right in at all your spring soirees. Add edge with minimalist baubles or play up the dress’s ultra femme feel with a delicate pendant necklace and pearl-studded shoes.
2. Truly You Over Scale Floral Print Shift ($65): Floral prints are a shortcut to flawless as far as wedding guest dressing goes — you really can’t go wrong. And this bold bunch is no different. Punchy petals are set against a backdrop of silky pearlescent fabric for a healthy dose of modern elegance. Pair it with lace-up flats or embellished d’Orsay pumps.
3. Mango Pleated Dress ($130): Introducing: your new favorite frock. It’ll bring its sartorial A-game all wedding season long by nailing casual and semi-formal dress codes like whoa and then showing your date night wardrobe what’s up. Stick with sleek add-ons like cuffs, chokers and architectural earrings for an ensemble that reads contemporary cool.
4. & Other Stories Pouring Rain Asymmetric Maxi Dress ($175): This silk maxi is the modernist’s dream with an asymmetric neckline and pixelated print that feel artfully futuristic. Up the style ante with metallic court shoes and new age hoops.
5. Forever21 Contemporary Cutout Halter Maxi Dress ($30): Beachfront blowouts, rooftop extravaganzas and casual backyard affairs — this piece of sartorial sunshine does it all, which is good news for your wallet and your style sensibilities. Woven sandals keep things feeling laid-back and cool, while metallic ankle strap steppers dress it up.
6. Silence + Noise Pleated Column Midi Dress ($98): Hello, bombshell. Get your glam on all wedding season long with this slinky slip-inspired dress with all-over micro pleats that feel SO right now. Wear your hair in a low messy chignon to show off your shoulders, then add long crystal-accented drops for a bit of glitz.
7. C/meo Collective Perfect Lie Dress ($170): Win the award for most stylish guest when you show up in this exaggerated cold shoulder affair. Skip the pumps and pair it with jazzed up oxfords or loafers that are made for hitting the dance floor.
8. Mango Ruffled Dress ($100): Show up to the post-ceremony party like whaaat with this hot-off-the-runway getup. A relaxed shift silhouette adds a subtle androgynous edge to otherwise flirty, feminine ruffles and a bow tie neck. For major romance and drama, pair it with black fringe tassel sandals, gilded floral jewelry and an alluring smoky eye.
9. Sequin Hearts Emily Floral Print Two-Piece Dress ($128): That crazy rumor about black being off limits at weddings? Forget everything you’ve heard because you can totally go noir at your next nuptial affair. Jazz up the monochromatic look with bold florals that feel so spring-worthy. Keep it classy with sophisticated pumps or go there with a pair of lace-up stiletto booties.
10. BCBG Marilee Draped Tiered Gown ($398): Okay, so it’s splurge city, but this emerald gem is straight up timeless. Wear it with chic gold add-ons like an intricate cuff and glitzy ear crawler.
11. Finders Keepers Stand Still Dress ($160): Sassy cutouts and a daring low back balance out this peplum number’s sweet vibes for a wedding-ready look that is anything but average. Team it with pointed-toe block heels and a simple lariat necklace.
12. ASOS Kimono Deep Plunge Lace Applique Maxi Dress ($163): Proof that pastels can have edge, this gorgeous gown will command the room the minute you walk in with its OMG-worthy neckline and sexy slit (that is, until the bride appears, duh). Kimono-style sleeves ground the gown in wedding-appropriate territory.
13. Keepsake Tessellate Dress ($190): The asymmetric draping and bold floral print put a fashion-forward spin on this classic strapless silhouette. To really play up those front-row-fixture vibes, pair it with dramatic mules and a sleek metallic choker.
14. Nasty Gal Full Scallop Attack Flare Dress ($78): Short, sweet and a total no-brainer, this is the dress you want in your wedding-guest wardrobe. You can’t go wrong with a playful peach number that plays nicely with both casual and dressy events.
15. Endless Summer Making You Jealous Dress ($108): Whether you’re watching your bestie say her “I do’s” on the beach or celebrating at a garden soiree, make sure you have this ethereal number in tow. Keep it feelin’ casual with lace-up booties and a killer arm party or get all fancy with strappy sandals and sophisticated drop earrings.
Which of these wedding-ready dresses is your favorite? Show us what you’ll be wearing this season by tagging us on Instagram @britandco!