Lazy girls, rejoice! This season is all about embracing bedhead-inspired tresses with wispy hairdos that scream “I really couldn’t care less.” These don’t-care hairstyles were all over the runway during New York Fashion Week, which clearly means that it’s your turn to rock the #wokeuplikethis trend for fall. We’re talking effortless buns, carefree chignons and barely trying braids. Trust us — when it comes to these ‘dos, the messier the better. So leave your hairspray at home and shake things up a bit by trying a few of these unfettered updos for fall.
1. Braided Low Crown: Instead of wearing your braided crown over your forehead, pin your braids against the nape of your neck. This style is perfect for third-day hair that needs a bit of taming.
2. Messy Ballerina Bun: Thick-haired beauties, this ‘do is for you. This over-the-top ballerina bun is a force to be reckoned with due to its sky-high volume and adorable baby hairs. Skip the mousse and let your curls fly with this show-stopping style.
3. Single Braided Bun: Keep it simple with this effortless low bun. Whether you’re walking the dog or going to brunch with the girls, this easy hairstyle has girl-next-door vibes written all over it.
4. Double Bun: Just because festival season is over doesn’t mean festival hair can’t live on. Wrap your tresses into two double buns and let your bangs loose for a chill, effortless look.
5. Femme Fatale Low Bun: Embrace your inner vixen with this wicked curly ‘do. Add a femme detail into the mix in the form of a flower pin or headband.
6. ’90s Wispy Bun: Embrace your favorite decade with a swoon-worthy bun and a killer middle part. Pair it with a Lip Smackers pout and an adult Capri Sun, and you’re good to go!
7. Wild Bangs: Keep your curls intact and in style by pinning them in a low bun complete with a wrapped scarf and fuss-free fringe. Add a red lip for some romantic flair on a sweet look.
8. Twist and Clip: An elegant updo is just one clip away. Finish the look with a modern, geometric barrette to add a bit of drama to a classic twisted style.
9. Braided Crown: Looks complicated, right? Turns out, this style is easy peasy — simply create a loose French braid around your head. Amplify it even more with unicorn-approved colors.
10. Messy Spiral: While this hairstyle is perfect for your wedding day, you can definitely rock this ‘do for your next Netflix binge. The look calls for don’t-care wisps and second-day strands. Pair it with a jaw-dropping black dress and a blush pink color on the lips.
11. Ruffled Updo: Hello, gorgeous! This timeless style is the perfect mix of textured tresses and lazy-girl sensibilities. Sport this style to upgrade a night-out look or to keep your vineyard nuptials in casual territory.
Looking for more fall hair inspo? Follow us on Pinterest for more amazing manes!