If you’re on the hunt for a new hair hue, look no further than Pantone’s fall 2016 colors for instant inspiration. Pantone recently revealed the 10 shades you’ll need in your life to update your wardrobe and your beauty game. This fall is all about tranquility, strength and optimism; think lots of muted, calming shades with pops of vibrant hues for every aspect of your life. The cool blues, reddish earth tones and hints of yellow and green are all perfect for your next dye job — with so many to choose from, your most difficult task will be choosing just one. Keep scrolling for the fall 2016 pigments that are just right for your tresses.
1. Riverside: While this hue may call to mind everyday fall skies and cool waves, this gray-blue tone is anything but ordinary. Pair it with loose waves to really channel that stormy-weather look.
2. Sharkskin: Grombré hair is having a major moment, and this pic shows us why. A head full of mermaid-inspired beach waves shows off all of the dimension of this gorgeous icy dye job for a look that is unexpected yet so wearable.
3. Aurora Red: Red is bold, warm and sensual, but Pantone’s newest It shade blends in an earthy element we can’t get over. Throw in some pink and pale orange tips for added drama, then bring on the volume to create a must-have look for the season.
4. Dusty Cedar: Dye your lob this dusky rose shade from root to tip, or leave your roots natural for a style that’s both effortless and unforgettable. As the color fades, your natural hue will only enhance the contrast and upgrade your look. Finally, a standout hair color that’s as low maintenance as you are.
5. Lush Meadow: This rich green hue is incredibly vibrant and elegant — but it’s not for the faint of heart. If you’re worried about potential clashing, don’t. Reach for beauty looks that match the depth and sophistication of Lush Meadow’s undertones. A purple smokey eye, for example, really anchors this shade.
6. Spicy Mustard: Add a splash of unexpected vibrancy to your blonde bob this fall. This saturated hue is just north of platinum and a shade less extreme than a bright yellow style, making it the ideal choice for an HR-approved dye job.
7. Bodacious: Looking for a big-time change? Try this variation on mauve that lends itself to next-level color combos. This muted version of 2015’s color of the year, Radiant Orchid, is a totally unexpected color to rock for fall.
Follow us on Pinterest for more hairspiration!