10 Apps for Every Cat Lady *Obsessed* With Her Furry BFF
While some people take the term “cat lady” as an insult, we wear it as a badge of honor. I mean, there’s just so much to love about our feisty felines. Not only are they usually down for a good cuddle, but they’re also independent AF (plus, now that scientists proved that our cats really do love us back, we have even more ammo to brush off the haters). So in an effort to more proudly display our love for kitties, we’ve decided to invest in a few purr-fect apps for our furry companions.
1. Pet First Aid by American Red Cross: If you love your cat as much as we do, you’re going to want to make sure they’re safe at all times. This app by American Red Cross provides us with simple step-by-step instructions to guide us through everyday pet emergencies. Plus, it also includes everything from an early warning sign checker to interactive quizzes to help check your knowledge *before* disaster strikes.
2. Tractive GPS Pet Finder: While we love that our cats are independent creatures, we’re still terrified of losing our kitties to their wandering instincts. Although you’ll need to buy a separate Tractive GPS Pet Tracker ($80) for your pet’s collar and shell out an additional monthly service plan fee to make this GPS system viable, we would honestly pay any amount to know that our furry BFF is safe and protected.
3. Neko Atsume: Whether you have a cat of your own or are wanting for the perfect time to adopt a kitten, this game will instantly give you the responsibility of a virtual cat parent by having you collect and take pictures of over 40 varieties of kitty cats. Trust us: It’s mega addicting.
4. Grumpy Cat’s Worst Game Ever: Can you really call yourself a cat lady if you’re not obsessed with Grumpy Cat? That’s what we thought. This adorable set of cat-themed mini games will definitely brighten your day (even though it was designed to ruin it). You can even unlock Grumpy Cat characters and use them as stickers in iMessage and share Grumpy Cat memes too!
5. Cat Mate: You’ve probably already watched the viral video of the cat playing Fruit Ninja a *bazillion* times, but this game app was specifically designed to entertain your felines. Yes, that’s right: With toys that include a red laser, mice, and fish, just choose the toy your cat likes most and watch as they chase it around their screen. (Fair warning: You’ll probably want to invest in Apple Care if you decide to let your cat jump on your screen.)
DL It: Free on iOS
6. Cam2Pet: Have you ever wondered what the heck your cat gets up to while you’re away at work? All you have to do is install the app on two different devices (one that stays with your pet and one that you bring with you), and you can live video stream to find out. Plus, we love that new members get their first seven days free!
7. Echo the Cat Stickers: If you’re the type of lady who *only* uses cat emoji to describe her feelings, this sticker pack is for you. Featuring an adorable cat named Echo doing everything from playing on the computer to catching bugs, it’s definitely one of the cutest things we’ve seen all day.
DL It: $0.99 on iOS
8. AskPETMD: With thousands of pet articles and vet-qualified answers to your most dire pet questions, this awesome app is great for new pet parents. Along with browsing through their info-packed content, you can also ask specific questions about your kitty and receive a free vet-qualified answer within 24 hours.
9. Relax My Cat: If your cat *loves* to run around at 3am, download this adorably themed relaxing app ASAP. Based on feline vocal communication and environmental sounds designed to interest your fur-baby, this playlist of cat-approved tunes will give you some peace of mind… and a few more hours of uninterrupted sleep.
DL It: $1.99 on iOS
10. Figo Pet Cloud: Pet insurance is a personal decision, and there are many providers and plans that you can customize to fit your cat’s personal needs. We personally love the convenience of the Figo Pet Cloud app — it gives you a handy place to store all your records, text, or email reminders when your cat is due for a vet visit, and a sweet “near me” feature that makes it easy to find things like pet hotels and day cares.
Do you use apps to take care of your feisty feline? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.