10 Inspiring Ideas for Creative Kitchen Design
While we love our share of kitchen gadgets and cooking hacks, the key to true culinary inspiration often lies in a well-organized, well-loved, and creative kitchen. Here are 10 beautiful kitchens that inspire us.
1. Rustic Kitchen Storage: If you don’t have a ton of built-in shelving for dishware, head to a flea market, antiques fair, or estate sale. You can find gorgeous rustic pieces that work just as well as a regular old dish rack. (via My Paradissi)
2. Crystal Color Pop: On the complete other side of the spectrum, go for a mix of industrial metal, vintage crystal, and pink and red pops of color. This kitchen has a definite glam side to is, perfect for a Paris loft. (via Inthralld)
3. Pantone Kitchen: O.M.G! We are obviously in love with this Pantone-inspired kitchen. Not only do we love the color, but all the kitchen appliances follow a color code (reds get more intense as the heat turns up) and it can all be controlled via smartphone. (via KoiKoiKoi)
4. Tree-Friendly Dining Space: If you’re a good old fashioned tree hugger and are looking for a way to incorporate arbor into your space, build around it! This gorgeous sustainable straw bale house in Santa Cruz designed its 2-story kitchen around the natural branching of a madrone tree. (via One Kin Design)
5. Chalkboard Walls: It’s no secret that we love us some chalkboard paint. If you’ve got little ones or just lots of recipes and lists to keep track of, a chalkboard wall is an easy way to add some personalization without sacrificing a rustic-meets-modern aesthetic. (via Eclectic Living Home)
6. Wine + Liquor Storage: Unless you’ve got a fancy wine cellar or bar cart, it can be tough to figure out the best way to store and display your spirits. We are digging these two moves for a recently renovated kitchen. On the left we’ve got wine storage right in the wall, and on the right a cleverly illuminated under-the-counter shelf. (via Sweet Peach Blog)
8. Wonderful Wood + White: If you’ve got a small space, it’s all about shelving. This combo of white and wooden accents is a great way to bring an eclectic collection of dishes, books, and other odds and ends beautifully together. (via Apartment Therapy)
9. Rock Your Backsplash: Another way to add a touch of creativity to your space is to doll up your backsplash. We’re loving the found rocks and sparkly rock mosaic. (via Pinterest + Urban Kitchen and Bath)
What kitchens have you seen online that inspire you? Talk to us in the comments below. And if you’ve got a kitchen of your own we should check out, be sure to share photos over on Twitter or Facebook.