10 Mural Wallpapers That Add Drama to Your Space
Wallpaper is everywhere this year. This we already know. But lately, the trend has blossomed into something entirely new, with giant flowers looming over dining rooms and large birds peering down on you from above. We’re talking about dramatic wallpaper and hand-painted murals that are filling some of 2016’s chicest interiors with whimsy and a very noticeable focal point. For these gorgeous designs, bigger is (almost always) better, and color reigns supreme —unless you opt for a vintage-inspired cityscape scene. Here are 10 of our favorites, ranging from lighthearted and fun to dark and dramatic. Note: Prices will vary based on size.
1. Anthropologie Rosella Mural ($448): This lovely design transforms your walls into a watercolored work of art.
2. Timorous Beasties Meridian Palm ($167): We love the way this lush botanical print juxtaposes with the exposed brick in this one-of-a-kind living room.
3. Ellie Cashman Design Dark Floral II Black Desaturated Wallpaper ($112): This feminine print feels striking and modern thanks to its scale.
4. Photowall Brussels ($30): A giant drawing of historic Brussels, Belgium makes for a unique and beautiful backdrop for any room.
5. WonderWallstore Bloom Wallpaper ($89): Added texture elevates this pretty floral print to a true work of art.
6. Mural Wallpaper Mixed Tropical Leaves ($34): Give your space a retro jungle vibe with this lush tropical pattern.
7. Surface View Audobon Greater Flamingo Wallpaper ($515): This pink flamingo is sure to add a splash of style to your space.
8. Jumanjii Watercolor Cactus Wallpaper ($37): This soft yet colorful wallpaper brings the spirit of the desert into your decor.
9. AnneWallDicor Vintage Illustration Mural Wallpaper ($259): Set your space to the backdrop of the city with this lovely illustrated wallpaper mural.
10. Jumanjii Watercolor Exotic Floral Wallpaper ($37): This botanical beauty will jazz up your space no matter where you put it.
Thinking about dressing up your walls with a bold mural or wallpaper? Follow us on Pinterest for more ideas on how to make a statement with your decor.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)