5 Unusual Bow Tie Shops for Dashing Dudes
Bow ties, bow ties, bow ties. Whether you’re a prepster, a hipster, a geeky groom, or just a guy who likes to dress up, it’s likely that you’ve found yourself looking for a bow tie more than once. And maybe you’ve even found yourself on Etsy looking for something truly unique, but gotten totally lost in the mix of cupcake toppers, 80s jumpsuits, vintage clocks, and letterpress cards.
Lucky for you, we’re here to help. Here are 5 creative bow tie shops, all found on Etsy. Best of all, almost all of these tie shops offer made-to-order customization, so if the tie you want isn’t available, simply contact them and they’ll likely whip it right up!
1. Fox & Brie: We’ll start with the most traditional. These handcrafted bow ties are charming and on the slightly rustic side. Great for an outdoor event, or for a city night that could use a little country, many of these have complementary ties and ascots if you want to get matchy matchy with friends. Oh, and we think Fantastic Mr. Fox would definitely shop here. The standard bow ties are $32, while ascots and ties vary.
2. Cyberoptix Tie Lab: Billed as “Ties That Don’t Suck,” Cyberoptix’s ties are hand screenprinted and perfect for gussying up a gang of groomsmen. Their designs are much more graphic and include patterns based on blueprints, maps, honeycombs, typography and more. Each bow tie is $40.
3. Cloutseu: Often referred to as Papillon (French for butterfly), floppy ties are experiencing a serious comeback thanks to shows like Mad Men and Pan Am. This shop combines fun, novelty fabrics with playful and classic bow tie styles. Nerds that we are, we totally love the robot bow tie. And some of them are even reversible! Most of their bow ties run at $20 a pop.
4. Wire Bow Ties by TREi: These are definitely for the more experimental fella. Each of these ties is made from lightweight wire and fastens around with an elastic band. Each of these wiry dears is $20. And yes, we smell a DIY in the works at Brit HQ. ;)
5. Wood Thumb Ties: Admittedly, we’re partial to the regular old wooden tie, but are digging the creative use of woodgrain on the bow variety. Bow ties are $32 and ties are $36. This wearable wooden things shop is located right here in San Francisco, and all their products use reclaimed redwood from barns, bridges, and tunnels that have been torn down.
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.