It happens every season: Just as you manage to master the intricacies of your capsule wardrobe, you hit a style rut. And as we approach the peak of summer, it’s a rather unwelcome prospect. With a slew of beach dates and backyard barbecues in the books (not to mention sweltering temps that make anything but autopilot a no-go), you don’t have time to undergo serious style therapy to get back into your sartorial groove. Having a style uniform (like every French girl-style obsessive should) pinned down that you can turn to time and again is the ultimate way to totally eliminate wardrobe conundrums from the equation. Not only will it help you throw together an outfit in a pinch, but it will also help you get more wear out of all those carefully curated summer style essentials (think: flowy floral dresses, high-waisted shorts, bomber jackets and white jeans). We put together seven easy-to-follow outfit formulas you can draw from for the rest of the season, whether you’re an #OOTD queen or a die-hard lazy girl. Keep reading for effortless dressing at its best.
1. Zara Multicolored Stripe Dress ($99) + J.Crew Metallic Suede Lace-Up Gladiator Sandals ($178): Introducing the throw-on-and-go formula that will have you looking like a straight-up street style star in seconds. Whether you dig feminine florals or loud graphic prints, a flowy boho frock knows how to capitalize on summer’s fabulous free-wheelin’ vibes, instantly injecting a light, carefree feel to your day or night look. Neutral or metallic sandals keep the getup grounded and allow the spotlight to remain on your dress’s standout details. Don’t-care hair and groovy shades are highly recommended.
Silk Camis and Printed Shorts
2. & Other Stories Spaghetti Strap Top ($55) + Matthew Williamson Printed Silk Crepe de Chine Shorts ($280): Striking the perfect balance of laid-back sophistication and wow-factor, this dynamic duo is fit for lazy afternoons lounging in the backyard sipping freshly squeezed cocktails. Bright white Birks and a slouchy bucket bag keep it real by day, while embellished block heels, glitzy drop earrings and a metallic bomber jacket will steer your getup down an after-hours-approved path.
T-Shirt Dresses and Bomber Jackets
3. H&M T-Shirt Dress ($18) + Zara Short Zipped Bomber Jacket ($50): Give your tee-and-jeans routine a warm-weather makeover by embracing one-and-done t-shirt dresses with endless off-duty appeal. Skip the expected denim jacket with Stan Smiths, and layer on a sleek bomber jacket that lends itself to flatform sandals and luxe backpacks for a getup that exudes athleisure excellence.
Off-the-Shoulder Tops and High-Waisted Shorts
4. Warehouse Botanical Drawn Floral Top ($57) + See by Chloé High-Waisted Jean Shorts ($245): ICYMI: Off-the-shoulder tops are having a major moment, and it’s not hard to see why. Flouncy, flirty and a little bit daring, they embody good vibes like none other. Tossing one on with a pair of high-waisted shorts and chic sandals is guaranteed to become your new signature move once you see their wear-anywhere potential in action.
Statement Dresses and Sneakers
5. Farrow Luna Button-Up Dress ($78) + Adidas Women’s Original Superstar Shoes ($90): It’s all about balance. Getting more wear out of those look-at-me pieces taking up residence in your wardrobe is a simple matter of adding the right accessories. The next time you want to turn heads, whip out a favorite statement dress and style it alongside next-level sneakers and standout sunglasses. It-girl status officially achieved.
Tees and A-Line Skirts
6. Mango Cotton Modal-Blend T-Shirt ($20) + Rodarte Patchwork Leather Skirt ($295): Could anything be easier? Sometimes you just need to pare down, and that’s exactly when you want to bust out this totally fuss-free combo. Round up your arsenal of trusty tees and pop ‘em on with a timeless A-line skirt. Whether you whip out the suede or do the denim thing, you’re only seconds away from a foolproof outfit. Dress it up with a cute clutch and lace-up gillies, or play it cool with embroidered espadrilles and statement ear jackets.
Chambray and White Denim
7. Pixie Market Chambray Tassel Top ($56) + Madewell Wide-Leg Crop Jeans in Pure White ($128): Chambray and white denim are just about as classic as it gets. Translation: They’ll never do you wrong. But don’t stop at skinny jeans and button-downs. Take this off-duty look up a few notches by embracing RN silhouettes and unexpected detailing.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.