7 Tips for Throwing an Online Class-Taking Party
There’s no time like the present to start learning a new skill or hobby. And with all the online classes out there, it can be hard to know just where to begin. Macrame or knitting? Pickling or preserving? The possibilities really are endless! Now there’s no need to go it alone when you can throw a creative online class-taking party with your best gals. Just add vino to one of our fun online classes and you have the recipe for a creativity night you won’t want to end. Be sure to check out our Camp Create promotion for a chance to win a $100 gift card and a free DIY Kit. Happy making, y’all!
1. Choose a theme. Depending on the class you decide to take, a themed party could be just the thing to get everyone excited about learning a new skill. If you are doing our watercolor painting class, hang a few pieces and make some watercolor cupcakes. Just have fun with it!
2. Provide snacks. Making and learning is tough work! Be sure to whip up some bite-sized snacks and desserts to fuel that creativity.
3. Create a comfy maker zone. Throw all those pillows and blankets around your coffee table to create the ultimate maker station. Feel free to add some whimsical decor like string lights, candles and garlands to really take it to the next level.
4. Stock up on supplies. Make sure there are plenty of materials for your class. Find DIY class kits on Brit + Co or head to your local craft store to stock up.
5. Build a DIY drink station. Cocktails are a definite must. Make it fun and creative with a DIY drink station. Whether you go with rosé cocktails or unique mules, your maker squad is going to be super impressed.
6. Make it a monthly thing. Why settle for one class when you can make this a monthly #iamcreative party? Schedule an online class party every month to build those maker chops with your nearest and dearest.
7. Share, post, snap, etc. Share the fruits of your DIY labor via Instagram using #iamcreative and #bcweekender to get the chance to win a $100 gift card and a free DIY kit with our Camp Create challenge. Then come up with your own creativity night hashtag for you and your girls.