8 Reasons Why Hailey Baldwin Is Our New Style Icon
It’s only been three short years since Hailey Baldwin popped up on the scene, but the 20-year-old model hasn’t wasted any time asserting herself as a sartorial force to be reckoned with. Boring isn’t in this burgeoning Instababe’s vocabulary, but neither is fussy. Baldwin has mastered the art of keepin’ it real while packing a punch with elevated basics and an arsenal of OMG-worthy accessories — mirrored sunnies and bedazzled headpieces included. Here, a look at all the reasons she’s our go-to for style inspiration.
1. She knows that OMG-worthy outerwear can change everything. Only have two seconds to throw together a scene-stealing outfit? Toss on your flashiest outerwear. It’s a style move the former dancer busts out frequently, allowing her to be out the door and turning heads in a matter of seconds. Our favorite piece by far is this studded leather bomber, which she flawlessly wore with mirrored shades and sculptural hoops for a getup with undeniable don’t-mess edge.
2. She does festival style differently. Flower crowns? Puh-lease. Baldwin redefined festival style at Coachella this year by passing on the standard floral frock and beachy waves in favor of a sassy bralette and distressed denim combo. Sleek locks and baubles that scream goddess-in-the-making rounded out the center stage ensemble for a jaw-dropping finish.
3. She knows that details are everything. Gold hoops and layered necklaces are the bread and butter of Baldwin’s collection, but she also knows how to dial up the drama when the opportunity strikes, busting out DDG numbers such as this crystal-studded birdcage veil that she rocked at the 2017 Met Gala.
4. She has a killer selection of shades. Any inspiring It girl knows that a chic pair of shades can instantly send any old #OOTD into overdrive. From colorful aviators to retro cat eye styles, Baldwin has accumulated a covetable collection of show-stopping options that constantly keep her style game on fleek.
5. She makes bold beauty looks feel totally effortless. Baldwin isn’t afraid to experiment in the beauty department, frequently rocking everything from pink locks to high octane lids. Balance is the key to pulling off this edgy look. Exhibit A: This metallic pink smokey eye is paired with a sleek ‘do and natural-looking pink lipstick for a classy cool look.
6. She plays with proportion like a pro. Proving that less is more, she typically picks one piece or detail to focus her outfit around, letting the other details fall into place naturally. A sleek ponytail and shorts allow the statement sleeves and oversized silhouette of this bold blouse to truly steal the show, but without overwhelming the overall look.
7. She makes everyday basics feel like Couture. Baldwin knows that you don’t need to pull on a power suit to feel like a million bucks. Armed with rhinestone-studded fishnets and statement earrings, she makes classic cutoffs and a crop top look runway ready — an important lesson to keep in mind when you off-duty uniform starts to feel lackluster.
8. She isn’t afraid to play with color. While you’ll typically find Baldwin in a spectrum of neutral hues, every once and a while she’ll go full-throttle, donning a technicolor ensemble. This perfectly pink #OOTN channels her fun-loving personality, while slip dress and button-down duo speaks to Baldwin’s fuss-free aesthetic.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!