9 Brand-New Books for Your Holiday Wish List
There’s no better time to be a reader than the holidays. Not only can you get in the spirit with festive holiday reads (and get snuggly in some cozy winterwear and holiday socks), but you can finally put all those books you’ve been coveting on your holiday wish list. To get this year’s list started for you, we’ve collected nine new adult releases for December that we can’t wait to binge on. Happy reading!
1. The Glass Universe by Dava Sobel ($20): This true story will inspire every gal to shoot for the stars. Detailing how, during the 19th century, the Harvard College Observatory hired women as human calculators to interpret the findings of their male counterparts, this #girlboss book definitely demands a spot on your to-read list.
2. Relentless Spirit by Missy Franklin, D.A. Franklin and Dick Franklin ($18): Competing in her first Olympics at just 17 years old, Missy Franklin was raised to be a champion. Now Missy and her parents share the secret to her international success in this touching memoir. (Spoiler alert: It’s a LOT of hard work.)
3. The Midnight Bell by Jack Higgins ($21): This modern thriller is perfect for the gal who didn’t want to sleep anyway. Combining three different stories of revenge, terrorism and risk, this highly anticipated new novel from Jack Higgins is definitely one to watch out for.
4. A Woman Looking at Men Looking at Women by Siri Hustvedt ($26): From feminism in art to the mind-body complex to neurological disorders — this mishmash of passions from crucially acclaimed author Siri Hustvedt has a little something for everything. Go ahead: Learn something new this New Year.
5. The Twilight Wife by A.J. Banner ($15): After a diving accident leaves her with memory loss, Kyra Winthrop holds tight to her husband and a close circle of friends. But this new psychological suspense novel doesn’t let things stay chummy for long… let’s just say you’re going to want to clear your schedule.
Sex and the City, Kate finally starts picking up the pieces of her life when she gets a gig in the admissions department at a swanky private school. This book perfectly captures the spirit of modern adulting — and yes, we’re completely obsessed.
7. The Marriage Lie by Kimberly Belle ($10): Iris’s husband Will was supposed to be flying to Florida for a business trip… which makes it all the more surprising when Iris gets a phone call saying that a plane headed for Seattle had crashed and Will was on board. Get ready for twists, twists and more twists!
definitely on our to-read list. Set in both modern and 19th century Ohio, it’s a love story at its core, with an innovative spin that sci-fi fans will swoon over.
9. Music for Love or War by Martyn Burke ($17): Following the exciting adventures of Army men Hank and Danny, this story will take you from Hollywood to Toronto to the mountains of Afghanistan. With both men looking for women they love, it’s a sweet story perfect for holiday binge reading.