Prepare to Be Obsessed: 6 Activewear Brands You Need to Know
Whether you’re addicted to SoulCycle or like to hit the running trails on the reg, it seems like everyone is making an effort to get active lately. With more workouts to try than ever before (hello, Olympics-inspired fitness), it’s no surprise that new fitness and health brands are debuting every day. These labels are serving up major athleisure #goals courtesy of streamlined styles, fashion-forward color combos and next-level prints. Scroll down for six need-to-know brands that are shaking up the activewear scene.
The founder and CEO of this celeb-approved label is kicking butt and taking names. Her name is Tyler Haney, and did we mention she’s 27? She’s crushing the activewear game by offering up refreshingly muted colors in an industry full of all-neon-everything. Plus, her brand isn’t about pushing yourself to the limits (unless you want to). Instead, it’s about getting active and, above all, having fun. Something tells us she’d totally approve of boozy brunch after a spin class. It’s all about balance, right?
1. Outdoor Voices Relay Short ($60): Light as a feather and tough enough to tackle even your sweatiest boot camp sessions, these shorts are perfect for girls who don’t do leggings. Praise hands — they’re actually long enough so you can feel comfortable stretching from any angle.
2. Outdoor Voices Tech Sweat 3/4 Legging ($85): Whether you’re running a marathon or going for a coffee run, these baby blues will be your new go-to. The fabrication is super smooth and unexpectedly soft, with just enough compression to feel snug and stay put.
This Seattle-based company is doing the unthinkable — they’re giving away their leggings for free! Simply pay the cost of shipping, and these seriously luxurious pair of black leggings are all yours, gratis. They’re made in a fair-trade factory in Vietnam (hence the pricey $20 shipping cost), where each pair of leggings is constructed from 25 recycled water bottles. Turns out it is easy being green.
3. Girlfriend Collective Leggings ($20): Meet your booty’s new best friend. Like a best friend would, these opaque black leggings never leave you exposed when you’re in downward dog. Whether you wear these to yoga or as a fall fashion staple is up to you.
After founder and CEO Sally Bergesen made a trip to her local running store to buy new shorts, she walked away disappointed. Everything she tried on looked too poofy, too baggy, too high-waisted and all wrong in the color department. (Girl, we’ve been there!) She decided to take matters into her own hands and design running gear she’d actually enjoy running in. The brand now sponsors top runners, including Lauren Fleshman and Kate Grace.
4. Oiselle Tripoli Long Sleeve ($66): This brand does not do boring. Case in point, their seamless long-sleeve tee doesn’t just fit like a total dream, but also features a sleek geometric pattern. Pair it with your fave sneaks and solid-hued leggings for a winning finish.
5. Giselle New Verra Bra ($48): If you love the look of your standard racerback sports bras but need just a bit more support, this bra has your back (and your front). Let your straps have their moment when you wear this number under a racerback tank.
Founder Noa Ries grew up running and swimming laps at Bondi Beach, Australia. Her beautifully designed, high-performance range is perfect for a girl on the go. If you’re running from workout to work or barre to brunch, no sweat — these clothes have you covered.
6. VIE ACTIVE Riley 7/8 Legging ($108): When the rest of your closet turns to autumn-approved neutrals, why not crank up the volume on your workout apparel? Get ready to put this set into heavy rotation.
7. VIE ACTIVE Gabrielle Longline Sports Bra ($75): Part crop top, part sports bra, this pick is 100% stunning. Partner it up with the matching leggings or try it as a bikini top.
Founders Katie Warner Johnson and Caroline Gogolak are no strangers to spandex; the classically trained dancers met in ballet class before reconnecting at Harvard. They started Carbon38 to focus on styles that do more than perform under pressure — they look great too. On their website, they carry their own line along with a curated selection of other brands.
8. CARBON38 Corrida Legging ($125): Spin class? It’s no sweat with this pair of high-voltage leggings. CARBON38 claims their custom moisture-wicking high-compression fabric is designed to help you wring everything you can out of your muscles, taking them further and faster than ever before. Game on.
9. CARBON38 Catalyst Bralette ($75): This beautiful marble print is proof that activewear can be pretty and feminine. Pair it with navy blue capri-length leggings and get your goddess pose on.
If you’re more into athleisure than athletics, you’ll appreciate the sport-influenced style of Lively. They deliver bras and undies that blur the aesthetic lines of lingerie, active and swim, taking the best elements from each category. Actually, they call it leisurée. Call us converted, because we want to wear these super soft bras and undies every day.
10. Lively The Deep V Bralette ($35): Swoon over this super soft first layer that will thrill the sporty spice in all of us. You’ll find yourself reaching for this bralette to wear under tanks, tees and dresses alike.
11. Lively The Cheeky Short ($10) : Full-coverage never looked this sexy! These have “let’s lounge” written all over them. Just add a movie marathon and a cozy oversized sweater.
Looking for more style ideas to inspire your next workout? Check out our Pinterest.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.