8 Airbnbs That Will Let You Live Out All of Your Alpaca Dreams
We love a good squad trip as much as everyone, but you have to admit that traveling with others can sometimes be challenging. If you’re looking for a travel buddy who’s smart, friendly, and calm and will never argue with you about the itinerary, consider spending some QT with… an alpaca. After all, there’s a reason why they’ve become that popular wedding guest everyone wants to hang out with.
Airbnb has more than 2,500 listings all over the world with “alpaca” in the title, so there is no shortage of opportunities to meet one. Other fun facts about alpacas: They’re clean and organized, have hypoallergenic fleece, have soft pads on their feet so they won’t keep you up while walking around at night, and, in some cases, have even been house-trained. Sounds more considerate than most of your college roommates. Here are eight Airbnbs where you can vacay with these chill creatures.
1. Maine Alpaca Experience, Northpoint, Maine: You may know Maine mainly for its lobsters, but it’s also home to the Northern Solstice Alpaca Farm, where the owners have been raising alpacas and creating soft clothing and gifts since 2006. This light-filled two-bedroom apartment is located above the Maine Alpaca Experience retail store and a short distance from the farm, where you can get a free tour to visit the 40+ alpacas.
2. Barn Conversion, Newton, UK: This former mill barn is now a cottage for rent on 10 acres of land in Wales. When you’re not feeding the friendly alpacas, along with the ponies, goats, and pigs that live here, explore the pools and gardens on the grounds for a truly tranquil stay.
3. Beautiful Georgian Farmhouse, Allensmore, UK: This farmhouse has five bedrooms named after local castles and views of the rolling English countryside. If you’re feeling competitive, there’s a newly resurfaced tennis court to play a match or two, and the herd of alpacas living here won’t even judge your serving form.
4. Alpaca and Falabella Ranch, Kerkwerve, Netherlands: This three-bedroom house is surrounded by peaceful Dutch farmlands. Lounge in the gardens, feed the alpacas and other ranch animals, or head to the beach, which is just a few minutes away by car or bike.
5. Brookby Hill Cottage, Hawkesbury, New Zealand: Enjoy the Marlborough winemaking region of New Zealand’s South Island. The cottage has amazing views of the valley, complimentary bicycles, and a veranda where you can sip wine and enjoy the sunset (with a few alpacas who may join your happy hour).
6. Soma Craft Cidery – Room #10, Kelowna, Canada: Kelowna, in the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia, is home to a number of vineyards. Soma, a modern Farm Inn that is both a working craft cidery and alpaca farm, is a great place to make some new four-legged drinking buddies.
7. Atlanta Llama Luxury Cottage, Atlanta, Georgia: Luxury and llamas? We’re sold. This restored 1920s house is an urban farm conveniently located just outside downtown Atlanta. The cottage is filled with historical touches such as 19th century antiques and modern amenities such as a remodeled kitchen. Also living here are five alpacas and llamas who will be your BFFs if you bring some baby carrots with you.
8. Stone House, Ravignano, Italy: Get a taste of the Italian lifestyle at this charming B&B in a tiny town in Umbria, where you’ll befriend both the hosts and their alpacas. The hosts also have their own gardens, where they make honey and soaps.
Tag us in your next travel adventures on Instagram @BritandCo.
(Photos via Airbnb)
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.