An App That Gives You 30 Drinks for $1 + 4 More Apps to DL
This is it. This is the absolute last weekend to get your Christmas shopping done. How prepared are you? If the answer is “AAAAAAACK! WHAT!?” we may have the perfect solution for you. Here, we’ve got the five apps you should download on your phone for this crazy weekend. Whether you’re still looking for gifts, trying to calm down from stress or flying home for the holidays, these five apps could make your life just a little bit easier. We’ll see you (a little more calm) on Monday.
1. Hooch: For $10/month, this app will get you one free cocktail per day. The app works in 11 cities around the world and currently has over 450 bars available. And consider this our holiday present to you: When you download the app, be sure to use the invite code “britandco” and you’ll get one month of membership for only $1. Oh, and if you still can’t figure out what to get that last person on your holiday shopping list, a gift membership to Hooch could be the perfect gift that just keeps on giving (and giving).
2. Darkr: If you’ve always dreamed of developing your photos in a darkroom, bring back a little bit of the past with this new app. The photos will only be available in black and white, but you can choose filters, change lighting options and pick your favorite photo from a test strip. It’s nostalgia, updated for your iPhone.
3. Next Track: This app bills itself as Tinder for your next favorite song. After analyzing the music you already have, the app will suggest more songs that it thinks you might like. Swipe through “yes” or “no” on the sample songs and get ready to find all new tracks to add to all of your playlists.
4. SkyGuru: This is the perfect app for nervous fliers. Strap it to your armrest on your next flight and the app will tell you exactly what is going on with your plane. It can define exactly what type of turbulence you’re flying through and what that weird sound you keep hearing is. It’s also just a good option for people who want to learn more about how airplanes work.
5. Jump or Stay: The best things in life are the simplest. That’s 100 percent a rule that also applies to games. All you have to do in this absurdly addictive stress-buster is jump or stay rolling. It may sound simple, but you could forget that once you’re deep in.
Which was your favorite app this week? Let us know @BritandCo!