Learning how to master a cat eye is a skill we beauty junkies all strive to learn. The style is bold, yet timeless, and will add just the right amount of drama to any look. But when it comes time to put pencil to lid, it’s vital to have the right tools to give your peepers that perfect flick. Not sure which beauty products you should get? Scroll below for the full list to give your cat eye the attention it deserves.
1. Anthropologie Tweezerman ProCurl Lash Curler ($22): A cat eye is incomplete without long, thick eyelashes. The best way to achieve this look? With a lash curler, of course! Clamp the curler on the base of your lashes, squeeze a few times, and release for flawless lashes.
2. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion ($22): Make your cat eye stay all day long by swiping primer on your lids beforehand. This buy will ensure that your cat eye doesn’t crease and stays put, and allows for a smoother application. Plus, with different colors to choose from, you’ll be able to find the perfect hue for your skin tone.
3. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara ($23): Want to make a statement? Give your lashes the luxe treatment with this collagen-fueled mascara. Not only will it lengthen your lashes, but this formula will thicken, curl, and add volume in all the right places.
4. Q-Tips Cotton Swabs ($3): As much as we hope that our cat eyes would all be perfect on the first try, it’s safe to say most need a little TLC to get them just right. Dip a Q-tip into makeup remover and carefully remove any excess liner you don’t want. Pro tip: Keep a few extra in your purse to fix your cat eye throughout the day.
5. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner ($20): A cat eye isn’t a cat eye without liquid liner. While a pencil liner will give you an edgier cat eye, liquid liners will give you that wing you crave. Use a long-lasting formula like this tattoo liner that will last all day with no smudge.
Follow us on Pinterest for more cat eye inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.