12 of the Best Hair + Makeup Looks from the 2015 Emmys
It’s a beauty showdown at the 67th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards, and trust us when we say the celebs brought their A-game. TV’s biggest night is all about the glitz and glamour, and the hair and makeup looks from this year’s show definitely did not disappoint. From stunning nude lips and glowing skin to sleek silhouettes and edgy bobs, the stars turned heads on the red carpet with subtle-yet-captivating beauty looks we’ll be trying to recreate all year long. Scroll on for the gorgeous makeup moves and manes that impressed us most.
1. Ariel Winter: This Modern Family star is all grown up and looking better than ever. The 17-year-old stepped out with glistening jet-black curls that fell past her shoulder and smoldering eyes that complemented her dewey skin. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
2. Claire Danes: Who cares if Claire Danes is faking it (her short snip, that is!)? The Homeland star always looks incredible at award shows. This chin-length faux bob is definitely red carpet-worthy. We’ll be adding this look to our style arsenal. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
3. Taraji P. Henson: We see you, Cookie! We knew we could count on the Empire star to turn up the heat on the red carpet. Taraji is killing the beauty game with a bold, ultra-sleek bob that features angled lengths and a chic center part. A pop of purple on the eyes, luxe lashes and a glamorous nude lip amp up the “it” factor even more. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
4. Teyonah Parris: The award for mega volume goes to actress Teyonah Parris. The Mad Men star is all smiles as she flaunts a sultry, va-va-voom silhouette that boasts intricate twists and turns with major texture. A delicate, light pink lip accentuates Teyonah’s pearly whites and her dramatic eyes make us want to whip out our liquid eyeliner and false lashes. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
5. Jaimie Alexander: Although we love old-Hollywood glam, we also get seriously excited when a star brings some edginess to the red carpet. Jaimie Alexander definitely makes it work with this fresh bob. The actress stuns with an ebony-hued, slicked-back style that would be fun and easy to recreate for date night. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
6. Kiernan Shipka: From her naturally gorgeous brows and wispy lashes to her perfectly rouged cheeks and glossy lip, Kiernan is a true beauty on this year’s red carpet. For her Emmys hairstyle, the Mad Men star opts for a sideswept part and straight lengths tucked behind the ears. We’re all about her “understated glam” beauty look! (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
7. Lady Gaga: Um, Lady Gaga, is that you? The normally over-the-top songstress ditches the dramatics and instead turns heads with a beauty look full of glitz and glamour. We have to admit, this more subdued look — complete with a voluminous bob and smokey eye with luxe lashes — suits the pop star and brings out her true beauty. (Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images)
8. Sarah Hyland: Short, sexy and perfectly tousled: The Modern Family star’s fabulous red carpet coif is everything we hoped it would be. Sarah pairs her gorgeous ombre bob with shimmering skin, sculpted brows and a striking smokey eye. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
9. Christina Hendricks: Christina Hendricks brings her radiant red hue and full-bodied curls to the red carpet and proves she’s a total bombshell. The actress’s light burgundy lips and dramatic eyes that feature soft, golden hues help make this beauty look one for the books. (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
10. Amanda Peet: The Togetherness actress is giving us ballerina vibes with a subtle and sophisticated, yet totally striking sky-high bun. We think Amanda totally nailed this classically clean look! (Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images)
11. Emma Roberts: That light-reflecting platinum hue, those gorgeous sideswept curls and that dewy skin are all working in actress Emma Roberts’ favor. We think the star looks incredible, and we love how she pairs her blonde hair with dark brows! (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty Images)
12. Gina Rodriguez: Jane the Virgin star Gina Rodriguez rocks the red carpet with a sleek, low ponytail that’s both effortless and timeless. We love when celebs pull their hair back and show off their head-turning makeup moves! (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
What’s your favorite hair and makeup look of the night? Let us know in the comments!