16 Best Beauty Products for Air-Drying Your Hair
The weather is (finally) heating up, which can throw your daily haircare routine for a loop. While you crave gorgeous, polished tresses, standing under a hot blow dryer or wielding a curling iron is not your idea of summer fun. All that heat styling isn’t just uncomfortable — it can also lead to lots of damage. If you’re looking for a fuss-free way to style your hair, air-drying is your best low-maintenance option. Luckily, there are many products out there to help you get effortless style, no matter your hair type.
1. John Frieda Frizz Ease Dream Curls Air Dry Waves Styling Foam ($12): This affordable foam is your new best friend for creating soft and frizz-free hair.
2. Bumble and Bumble Bb. Don’t Blow It Thick (H)air Styler ($31): Straight or curly – thick hair can be a chore to air-dry alone. However, this nourishing creme tames frizz and flyaways, so you can wash-and-go worry-free. Bumble and Bumble also has a version for fine hair.
3. Kristin Ess Hydrating Curl Defining Creme ($14): Ladies with wavy and curly hair, you don’t need to spend all day getting the look you want. This hydrating product enhances your natural curl and creates clean, defined, and enviable coils.
4. Cantu Coconut Curling Cream ($6): Tight, coiled, or coarse hair can actually be a breeze to air-dry when you use this highly moisturizing coconut cream. It not only creates defined ringlets but also leaves your hair super-soft.
5. Living Proof Perfect hair Day In-Shower Styler ($25): Straight or wavy hair needs a styler that’s not too heavy, and this light in-shower cream is the ultimate no-maintenance hair solution. It not only enhances waves and tames frizz but also adds volume for people with fine hair.
6. Rahua Freestyle Texturizer ($34): Speaking of fine hair, it can be difficult to let your locks dry naturally without them feeling limp or lifeless. Pump on this lightweight foam, and you’ll be amazed at how gorgeously voluminous your hair will be.
7. IGK Sunday Funday Texture Foam ($29): Tired of crunchy curls? Unlike your regular mousse, this foam is not sticky, is humidity resistant, and leaves your hair soft.
8. Redken No Blow Dry Just Right Cream For Medium Hair ($24): Going heat-free is NBD with the right product. This cream speeds up your hair-drying time, which is a dream come true for wavy or curly haired women out there who crave effortless style. It also comes in formulas for fine hair and coarse hair.
9. R+Co Rockaway Salt Spray ($26): Beachy waves are the ultimate air dry style. A volumizing salt spray enhances your curl and makes everyone think you just got back from lounging in the sun.
10. Pureology Hydrate Air Dry Cream ($28): Every girl knows that if she wants stress-free locks, she needs to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Just like the rest of your body, your hair craves moisture to stay healthy and springy.
11. Madame C.J. Walker Beauty Culture Coconut & Moringa Oils Curl Whip Styling Souffle ($26): A lot of products out there say they’re for all hair types, but this one really means it. The lightweight formula gives you control and keeps hair bouncy – no matter your type.
12. Ouai Air Dry Foam ($28): Touchable, tousled hair sounds like nothing more than a daydream, but you can turn it into a reality. This “wash and wear” formula enhances your natural wave and keeps your hair shiny.
13. Kinky Curly Original Curling Custard Natural Styling Gel ($33): This isn’t your run-of-the-mill styling gel. It adds shine without crunch and offers long-lasting hold, so you can turn your tightly coiled strands up to 11.
14. Fatboy Perfect Putty ($21): Don’t we all just wish we could have that second-day hair look even if we just washed? A bit of putty gives your hair a perfectly matte finish, so you always have that “I woke up like this” look.
15. Ouidad Curl Quencher Hydrafusion Intense Curl Cream ($26): This unique cream is specifically designed for tighter curls and delivers a ton of moisture to make your locks strong, shiny, and frizz-free.
16. Verb Ghost Oil ($16): Even the finest hair can benefit from this lightweight oil. The transparent formula leaves your hair touchable, like there’s nothing in it at all.
Do you have any recommendations for perfect air-dry hair? Share them with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.