5 Beauty Products That Give Your Legs the Best Summer Shave
Stem season is here, and no, not just the floral kind: It’s high time to get your legs out of hiding and into the light. With a winter like we’ve had, you’ll probably need to prep them for their prime-time debut. “With dry skin that’s made worse by cold and winter, you need to pay special attention to what you do both pre-shave and post-shave,” says Genevieve Bochanty, director of brand management at The Art of Shaving. To that end, these products will help kick your legs into high gear this season, so you can show off the smoothest, shiniest stems around.
1. Crepe Erase Exfoliating Body Polish ($39): If you want the smoothest look, exfoliate before you shave, advises Bochanty. This body polisher is made up of rice bran wax granules and lactic acids that gently target those sagging, crepey areas on your legs (we’re looking at you, knees!). Use it regularly, and you’ll recover that bouncy, tighter skin you had and lost in winter 2018.
2. The Art of Shaving Unscented Pre-Shave Oil ($25): If you want to prevent nicks in those thin skin areas (ankles anyone?), then Bochanty suggests rubbing in a few drops of this oil before you lather up. The olive and castor oil blend promotes better razor glide, helping the blades slide easily over skin without a cut.
3. eos Evolution of Smooth Shave Cream Sensitive ($4): The secret to staying smoother longer is a good lather that moisturizes hairs so they’re easier to cut. Soften strands first with warm water and apply an ample amount of cream to legs right before you reach for the razor. This product is extra-gentle and fragrance free with soothing cucumber seed oil, wild oat extracts, and lavender butter.
4. Schick Intuition Pure Nourishment With Coconut Milk and Pure Almond Oil ($17): Fresh blades ensure a more comfortable and closer shave. Besides being wide and easy to use, this one is surrounded by nourishing lather laced with coconut milk and almond oil to prevent cuts and burns with each stroke.
5. Korres Olive Oil and Olive Blossom Body Balsam ($24): The final touch? Applying plenty of moisturizer after you pat your skin dry. This rich cream is made in Greece and uses olive leaf extract and extra virgin olive oil to deeply hydrate post-shave skin, soften dry spots like knees, and give skin a gorgeous glow.
(Feature Image via iStock)
How do you prep your legs for a smooth shave? Tell us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.